Sunday 7 November 2010

Challenges galore ...

... I've been busy making cards for various challenges, and I've made a card to fulfil the requirements for three challenges!!  They are:
I think this is the first time I've actually managed to combine challenges in one card - I'm usually too busy trying to work out how to meet the requirements of one challenge, never mind three!! 

But this time it all came together rather well.  I started with the JAI42 sketch - I liked this layout and felt that the flower could be changed a bit to a Christmas bauble.  And that led to the next requirement - punches.  I used my Christmas Bauble stamps and punch from Stampin' Up!, along with a lovely punched Bauble border from a Martha Stewart Punch.  So that was two out of three!  And the last requirement was to include red - in honour of a year at Little Red Wagon - that was easy - red backing paper, red tinsel embossing powder and red ink!! 

Overall feeling when I'd finished this card - really pleased.  And, more importantly, another card towards this year's collection.  So, here's the finished card:


JAI42;  Little Red Wagon #53; Creative Card Crew - Punches

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Delightful Decorations, Contempo Christmas
Card:  Anita's Classic Christmas Red Papers; Gold card from stash; Green textured foil card from stash
Accessories:  Papermania - Green ribbon;  Martha Stewart - Baubles border punch;  Stampin' Up! - Ornament punch

I hope that everyone in the UK has enjoyed the Bonfire Weekend.  In the end, we didn't go to the Firework Display yesterday; we'd been out all day and were totally shattered.  So we stayed in the warm and watched our neighbour's display from the warmth and comfort of our living room.  And that seems to me to be the way to enjoy the fireworks.

That's all for now.  I have quite a bit of housework to catch up on, but provided I get finished, I'll be back later this evening.  I plan to go shopping over at Claire's shop - it's worth a visit!!

6 comments:

Norma said...

Hi Deborah, I love the stamped ornaments and the colors very pretty:) Good luck on your challenges:)
Hugs,
Norma

Jackie said...

Lovely card :o)
Jackie xx

Nicci said...

Such a lovely card, I love how you have used two colours on the bauble. TFS xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the simple effect of that punched bauble order - echoed with the ornaments. Really lovely interpretation of the sketch too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Avril Tanner said...

Love the card! thanks for playing along with LRW!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the rich colour with those beautiful baubles. And I totally agree - a firework display from the top floor of our house is a treat with a glass of mulled wine and some good company!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...