Saturday 27 November 2010

Angelic Christmas ...

.... I made two cards for these challenges!  The first challenge is from Just Add Ink #45 was a sketch and the second challenge is from Cooking It Up with Katie - the ingredients this week - use some paint, add some rhinestones and make it angelic!




As I've got quite a few Christmas cards to make, I decided that these cards had to have Christmas as the main theme.  I got some stamps free with Cardmaking & Papercraft last month - pretty Christmas Fairies - so I decided to use them.  However, I really liked two of the images - so I made two cards.  Obviously they both follow the sketch layout above.  The paint I used was Twinkling H2Os - I love the effect you get with them and, of course, I added some glitter as you have to have bling at Christmas.  Here are the cards.


 












Stamps:  Cardmaking & Papercraft - Christmas Fairies
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Twinkling H2Os: Oyster, Wild Blueberry, French Lilac, Blushing Rose, English Lavender, Irish Mist, Spiced Pumpkin
Papers:  Dovecraft - Christmas Blues; Anita's - Christmas Black
Spellbinders: Labels 3, Labels 1

I'm really pleased with them both - In real life the shimmer of the Twinkling H2Os is lovely - just a shame that it doesn't really show up on the photos!!  And that's all for tonight.  I'm about to go and babysit for my neighbour's two lovely little children, while she and her husband go out for a change!

Do drop by again tomorrow - and I'll have a few more challenges to show you.   Keep warm and safe.

7 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Lovely cards Deborah, the little fairies are so cute. I have these but haven't used them yet.

Donna x

Jackie said...

Very pretty pair of cards :o)
Jackie xx

Claire said...

Beautiful cards, those fairies are gorgeous and I bet they look even better in real life with those twinkling h20's. Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad you had a good day with your crafting goodies. These are quite different fairies & I like how you've co-ordinated the background panels for each one.
Paula (PEP)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards and such beautiful fairies! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Vicky Hayes said...

Very sweet!

Carolina said...

Very beautiful card and a lovely fairy. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...