Monday 1 November 2010

The Play Date Cafe ...

... challenge 53 has been completed!!  I only saw it yesterday, but decided that this was a challenge I could do at craftclass this morning. 

I love the picture that has been used to illustrate the featured colours; those being black, white with a splash of burgundy.  The Aquilegia (or Columbine) is one of my most favourite flowers - I have so many in my garden that it could be considered a weed!!   But enough of gardens, this is not a gardening blog!!

My card is very clean and simple, and as the Challenge team used flowers in their photo, I decided to use flowers in my card. 

I started with an black A6 card blank and took a piece of black and white flower printed paper - which I coloured using promarkers.  I trimmed the paper to fit the card blank and added a very simple circular greeting. 

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out - I think it's quite striking.

Paper:  Papermania - Inspirations
Pens:  Promarkers - Ruby, Lipstick Red, Burgundy

Craftclass was really good fun this morning.  I missed last week's class because I was away at Mum's.  So I spent a bit of time looking at the cards that had been made while I was away - they are so talented.  My friend Doreen is busy making lots of Christmas cards using glittered peeloffs - and they're stunning.  Note to self - "I must play with my peel offs".   I started on a few other cards too, but they need to be finished. 

It's hard to believe that today is 1st November - it's really warm here in North Wales; the sky is brilliant blue and the sun is shining.  I think someone forgot to mention that it's autumn!!  Not that I'm complaining, oh no - I'm making the most of it.

That's all for today, but do call by again tomorrow and see what else I've made!!

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree with you Deborah - it's beautifully striking. Red and black can sometimes be difficult but this is very classy indeed.

Susan Hogan said...

What a wonderful card, and so simple! It is very elegant! Glad the weather is good - it's still trying to decide if it really is Spring here at the moment, but at least its warmer than it was.

Rosanne said...

It is a gorgeous card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Definitely striking - the ProMarker colouring is amazing for the petal appear as if they are 3D/decoupaged. I love the simple elegance of this.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love the stylized flowers :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...