Monday 8 November 2010

More challenges ...

... I seem to be on a bit of a roll.  I've managed to incorporate two challenges in one card.  Amazing!!  The challenges this time are:
  • The Play Date Cafe - this is a lovely challenge- PDCC54; you can do any theme but you have to feature the colours they have chosen - this time stucco orange, celery and white
  • Clean & Simple - they have another sketch, FTL115, to challenge our creative skills
I don't have the particular colours specified in the PDCC54 challenge, but I do have Tim Holtz Distress inks that are quite similar.  So I cheated a bit and used them.  Also, my base card is not exactly brilliant white, it's more a creamy white :)

The FTL115 sketch was perfect - I knew exactly which set would work with this design.  I got the wonderful Circle Circus stamps from Stampin' Up! a while ago - I used them to make invitations to my Stampin' Up! party a while ago.  I really like the stamps - they are such fun - and I now have the punches to go with the stamps, so it's easy to punch out the shapes!  Last time I cut them out by hand ;(  This is the card I've come up with.  I'm quite pleased with the clean and simple look; I decided to make it a thank you card.  It's important to have thank you cards ready for those unexpected occasions.



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus, (the greeting is Stampin' Up!, but I can't remember the name of the set!)
Inks:  Distress - Dired Marigold, Shabby Shutters; Versafine - Sepia Brown

I'm off to craft class this morning and will be making a few more Christmas cards for my collection.  Back again soon.

8 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb! Love the soft blended edges!

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, I am becoming very partial CAS cards myself :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is lovely - the colours are interesting & I love how you have used the equivalent Distress Inks. Enjoy the Craft Class. Shall go & have a look at those two challenges........
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Sarah Anderson said...

Your distress inks are a perfect match for this week's play date cafe colour challenge. Love the clean and simple look of this card. Thanks for playing in the cafe with us :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute TU card, wonderful CAS design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love Circle Circus and it's perfect for this challenge. I take my hat off to you for once cutting the circles out by hand - I'm sure you find it much easier with punches!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful CAS design, love those medallion stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Stella said...

This is fabulous; I love those soft colors. Perfect for the challenge at PDCC; good luck with the challenge :) !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...