Saturday 9 January 2016

52CCT - Sketch ....

.... Hello! I hope everyone has settled back into their normal routines.  I'm still not quite back to normal - somehow I lost days last week, but I'm getting there.  I'm hosting our challenges over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT01-16 this month.  Our aim is to give you inspiration to build your Christmas card stash, so that you have time to relax in December.  As normal, our first challenge of the month is a sketch and I had lots of fun coming up with this one.   Here's my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Alpine Christmas, Vintage Postcards, Off Beat Backgrounds, Vintage Circles Small; Stampin' Up! - Sheltering Tree
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Smokey Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smokey Slate; Glitter


I used the colours from CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#155 as they seem just perfect.  I'm also submitting this card to the current Jingle Belles - JB:16:01 challenge where they would like us to use something brand new along with something old from our stash.  The new is the Vintage Postcards stamps (not brand new to me, but never used before) and the old is the rest!

I'm very pleased with this card; I wanted to challenge myself to make a one-layer, collage style card and I did it!  I used my MISTI to make sure that I got all the stamps straight, and I was able to stamp the tree a number of times to make it slightly darker then the stripes.  I finished the front by adding some sparkle to the dotty circle.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of grey card and on the white panel I stamped another tree and a Christmas greeting.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit our blog and see the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  You've got plenty of time to join in, deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Friday 15th January (that's 7.00pm EDT).

This weekend is the Plymouth Ice Festival.  It started yesterday evening and runs through until Sunday.  Jonathan and I went last year when it was so, so cold with temperatures well below freezing. Which is just the kind of weather the organisers would like.  However, the forecast for today is rain showers this afternoon with a maximum temperature 7°C (45°F), which is not great!  We're going first thing in the morning, when it should still be cold and hopefully the sculptures won't have started melting!  That's all for now - have a great weekend!

signature

15 comments:

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Happy New Year, Deborah! Love the combo of stamps you have used - what a fab card! Xx

Skylark said...

Your detailed sketch is a perfect combo with our CC&S challenge colours helping to keep the design nice and CAS. Thanks for playing along this week and happy new year! Stef x

Jane said...

Stunning card Deborah. The postage stamps are so gorgeous, I'm off to check them out. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Beverley said...

What a lovely catchy design, love how you have layered the images but still kept it all CAS. Beautifully done and FAB use of the CC&S colours. Thanks for joining in on the fun too :) Hugs Bev x

Kajcyika said...

Deborah this is the most amazing card ever! Loveee it so much!

Fabiola said...

elle est si élégante Déborah, magnifique carte pleine charme, biz

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is stunning! It looks so misty and ethereal. Just gorgeous.
Sharon xx

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous holiday card, you have every right to love it... i do, too! so pleased you could join our 2016 JINGLE BELLES fun, more is sooooo totally MERRIER, lol! ♥

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what a gorgeous combination of elements ... and perfect use of those colors ... so glad you started 2016 with us a jingle belles.

Unknown said...

Deb, I love how you've combined the different elements and the colours work brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Jacqueline said...

Love this clean and simple one layer card - beautiful colours too - Jacqueline xx

Pam Sparks said...

I love this Deborah! Fabulous collage stamping!

Patricia Hays said...

What a pretty way to showcase the CC&S challenge colors! Thanks for joining in our challenge!
I really like how you've decorated the inside of the card with a simplified version of the front. Very cool card... and it's a great sketch, too!

Naki said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous!!

karen h said...

Awesome collage! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...