Sunday 4 September 2016

CIC - Colours ...

... Good morning! I'm here this morning with my card for our Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#374. We have some super colours for you to play with - MINT, POPPY AND KRAFT. Our sponsor this week is Little Miss Muffet Stamps, and I've made a Halloween card with one of their super fun digital images:

Happy Halloween - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Little Miss Muffet Stamps Digi - Monster Ben; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments; Dylusions - Halloween Set 2016
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Washi Tape; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black


I think this little guy is adorable. The great thing with digital images is that you can make it any size you want - so I printed off 5 little chaps from large (ish) to small. I coloured them all with copic markers, cut them out, edged them with a black marker and then added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I used some of my vast stash of Washi tape to make the chevron border. I adhered some of the images flat to the card and used dimensional gel for the smaller images. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and stamped a fun greeting and image on the inside.  I used the layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#252 and am submitting to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#209 as they want CAS cards.

Happy Halloween inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Halloween sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think this is the first Halloween card I've made this year, but it won't be the last!! Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. Have fun! Before I go here's a close up of the little monsters - check out all that sparkle:


It's the middle of Labour Day weekend here in the States - the final hoorah of summer break. Kat is back at school on Tuesday, Mum has gone back to the UK and Jonathan is back at work. I'm on my own in the house and hopefully should get back into my normal routine soon! At least that's the plan. Bye for now!

signature

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Deborah this is so adorable!! What a fun card using these little guys.

Julie B said...

Cute goofy monsters!Thanks for sharing at ATSM, such a fun card.:)

Amy O said...

These little monsters are adorable! I love how you've arranged them for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh, This little monsters are just to adorable to scare anyone!! so cute and sparkly. This is a perfect image to fussy cut, love it.
Thank you for sharing and for inviting me to be your Surprise Sweetie this week, such a thrill and an honor.
Paper Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

EK Gorman said...

I love how you took four of the image and layered them to make them look super special. Great work this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...