Thursday 29 September 2016

Uniko - Marvellous Mehndi ....

... Morning! Today I'm introducing another set from the Uniko October release. This one is Marvellous Mehndi, and I think it's my favourite. I'm still waiting on my actual stamps to arrive here in the States, but Bev very kindly let me have the digital files. Oh my goodness I've had so much fun with them. I decided to create my own background paper using all the paisley images in the set. I used Publisher to create the paper. One of the things I really like about digital images is the ability to change the size of the image, which really worked well making this background. I actually made two cards today! Here's the first:

You are Awesome - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Marvellous Mehndi, All Occasion Sentiments #1, All Occasion Sentiments #2, Simply Said
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; Gem; Wink of Stella - Clear


I cut the printed panel slightly smaller than the card, layered it on a black mat and adhered it flat to the card. I created the sentiment panel by stamping the greeting in black on white card, layering it on a black mat, adhering it to the front of the card and finishing off with a tiny gem. I add some sparkle to the areas of the paisley images with a clear Wink of Stella brush. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a greeting and added a tiny paisley pattern that I fussy cut and adhered. I think black and white, with a touch of sparkle is very glamourous, very elegant, so I'm submitting this one to the current Inkspirational challenge - INK#118.

You are Awesome inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsYou are Awesome sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For my second card I used another sheet of the background paper. This time I used rainbow colours to selectively colour areas in the paisley pattern. I went for a lighter rainbow look:

Thank You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Marvellous Mehndi, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Pumpkin Pie; Vellum; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder


I didn't want to hide the panel, so I stamped the sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it with clear powder. I attached the sentiment at an angle, and then layered the panel on some orange card. On the inside I cut another mat of orange card and on the white panel finished the greeting and added a tiny coloured paisley. As I've used rainbow colours on this card, I'm going to play along with Can You Case It? - CYCI#139.

Thank You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThank You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Now, don't forget to visit the Uniko blog to see more from Bev and the rest of the team. This set is so versatile. Hopefully, I'll get my actual stamps soon! Before I go, here's a quick reminder of the release schedule:

Introducing: 28th - 30th September. Bev and the DT show off the sets.

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 1st October - your chance to see the full release and also to buy the stamps at the Uniko shop. There's also a Blog Hop with the Design Team and a Giveway too!

Bye for now!

signature

8 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow Debs you have worked wonders here! You must be a techi genius to produce such neat and perfect designs with the digital files. Great colours on the second one too. X

Izzy Scrap said...

Very beautiful cards Deborah ! I love the pattern paper you've made with this stamp set ! As the sentiment says it on the first card : AWESOME ! The second card is also gorgeous. You would not think that this is the same pattern paper that you used for the second card. The color makes all the difference ! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Fields said...

Deborah, very pretty card! Love how you colored in the paisleys on the pattern paper. Thanks for playing with us at CYCI! Dawn

Rahmat said...

Beautiful makes Deborah, I haven't received the stamps yet too. I love that you went for a pattern paper look.

Sarah G said...

These are beautiful - I love the patterned paper you have created and the pops of colour on the second design!

Lindsey said...

2 great cards Deb - they show just how versatile these Mendip stamps are both monochrome & coloured! X

cm said...

WOW! Both your cards are gorgeous showcases of the new stamp and oh, how I adore that you've let them be the stars of the stage! The black/white with a hint of sparkle...swooning! So glad you shared this gem in the Inkspirational *Glamour* gallery!
Hugs~c

Pia Larsen said...

Impressive you created the paper yourself! Thumbs up :D
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope so much you'll join in again soon :)
Pia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...