Friday 23 September 2016

Uniko - theme ....

.... Morning! I'm running late again (sorry guys) with my DT card for our challenge at Uniko - USC#36. We have a theme for you this month - AUTUMN with the option of Thanks. I've made a sympathy card as I need to replenish my supply, and I find it easier to make them when I don't actually need them. You know what I mean. Here's my card:

With Sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Natures Treasures I, Natures Treasures II, Simply Said; Stampin' Up! - Bloom with Hope
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Hickory Smoke
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cajun Craze; Clear Embossing Powder


I've based this card on the photo over at TIME OUT Challenges - TOC#66 - I really like the way the window opens onto the autumn colours. I masked the edge of my card and sponged on several colours adding a darker edge with hickory smoke to suggest the window frame. I splashed on some water droplets - just love the way distress inks react with water. Dried them off to give a lovely mottled effect. I used my MISTI to position and stamp the sentiment. I then stamped some foliage images with distress ink. On the inside I cut a mat layer of rust card and on the white panel added a simple verse and more foliage.

With Sympathy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWith Sympathy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the Bev and the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to join in with us - deadline for submission is midnight BST (7.00pm EDT) Friday 14th October. Oh yes, if you need more encouragement to join in, there are prizes - details on Bev's blog! Have fun!

signature

10 comments:

sandie said...

So pleased our photo inspired you and you created a gorgoeus mix of deep rich Autumn colours. Thanks for joining TO

Lindsey said...

Lovely card Deb. I do like the soft tones with the distress inks together with the water mottling. Works really well with the nature styled stamps x

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs. I know exactly what you mean, it is easier to create such a lovely card when you head isn't involved.

Hugs
Buffy xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! So beautiful Debs, gorgeous inking, fantastic colour choice and just shouts Autumn delights. Love it. Sarah x

Izzy Scrap said...

Very gorgeous card Deb ! I love the contrast of the vibrant colors of autumn with this soft wild "grass". Ideal for this kind of card. Thanks for sharing.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blending, Deborah ... the autumn colours are so striking! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Shona Chambers said...

Wow Deborah, this is such a stunning CAS design and your blending is perfection. And don't worry, I always seem to be running late with my DT cards half the time too! So happy you joined us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

Stunning card, Deborah! So many details and yet so CAS. Very artsy too. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Catchy Sketch said...

Love how you created this wonderful background and these colors are so beautiful!

Gwendolyn said...

Gorgeous blending! Beautiful card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...