Tuesday 13 September 2016

Kindness ...

.... Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day here in Northville, but not quite as warm as it's been in the UK. Looks like the UK is having an Indian summer - the hottest day of the year there! I've just spoken to my son Ben and he says that it's baking - sadly he doesn't have air con at home :))

Anyway, I've spent a very pleasant, and cool, morning playing in my craft room. And I've made a card for a few challenges:

Kindness - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Kindness With; Neat & Tangled - Origami Map; Your Next Stamp - Jungle Critters 1
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Twisted Citron
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black, Pear Pizazz; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Sequins


Time Out quote: 
“Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” 

I'm playing along with TIME OUT Challenges - TOC#65 where we have been inspired by a quote about trees and leaves (mine are heart shaped!). Also playing at Fusion Card Challenge - FUSION#57 and at Just Us Girls - JUGS#360 where they want us to use sequins.

I started by stamping the tree on some white card and colouring with Copics. I then added several shades of green ink, starting with Twisted Citron and finishing with Peeled Paint. I used my MISTI to position and stamp the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed the sentiment with clear powder. I finished the front by adding some little hearts blowing in the wind and added a touch of sparkle with some red sequins. I layered the finished panel on black card and attached it to the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel added another little tree and some more little hearts.

Kindness inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsKindness sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now - do drop by tomorrow to check out our new challenge at The Male Room. See you soon!

signature

4 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great how the eye kind of get's lead over the card! Thank you for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I like your ombre green background, and your sentiment is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lisa Kind said...

Pretty card! Love the use of the sequins! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! Your shaded background looks fabulous and I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...