Saturday 10 September 2016

52CCT - Colours ...

... Good morning! It's time for our colour challenge here at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT36-16. Fabiola has picked a really simple colour scheme for us to play with this week. She wants to see WHITE with a splash of RED. I had lots of fun making this very clean and simple card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Warmth & Wonder; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Real Red; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Real Red; SU/Sizzix EF - Softly Falling; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents


Earlier this week I was really struggling with this challenge - all my ideas had red as a flood of colour, rather than a splash! So I spent a while going through my stamp catalogue and saw this tree and the little dot lights. I had a light bulb moment! I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the base. I stamped the tree in black ink and added little red Christmas lights. I stamped a greeting using a lovely script stamp.Then I embossed the panel to suggest falling snow and finished by adding some sparkle to the lights and covering them with glossy accents. I used dimensional tape to attach the panel to the front of the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of red design paper. On the white panel I stamped a greeting in red and added a few silver snowflakes.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to the current challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round - CCAYRSep, where they want to see Shabby Chic (not so much) or monochromatic - yes! Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. You've got until midnight (BST) Friday 16th September (7.00pm EDT) to play along. I took a close-up photo of the little Christmas tree to show the dimension and sparkle in the little red Christmas lights:

Merry Christmas detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I really like this design - it's quick and easy to produce, so I think I'm going to make a few more. I'll change up the colours, but I like that it's flat and will be easy to post. That's all for now! Have fun.

signature

7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Lovely CAS card Deborah! Love the pop of red.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ali said...

What a classically beautiful and inspiring card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round! ~ Ali (CCAYR DT)

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Deborah. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Fabiola said...

elle est magique cette carte Deborah, en la regardant je me réjouis tellement de revoir la neige tomber, biz

Cindy said...

Very cute CAS Christmas card :-) Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry this comment is so late! I am struggling to keep up with commenting and have trouble with the "proving I'm not a robot" stuff :O(
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...