Thursday 15 September 2016

Sympathy Cards ....

.... Hello. I'm sharing a couple of sympathy cards today that I made at the end of August. I made them for my Aunty Sue. Her father died on 29th August at the great age of 103 years old. It wasn't unexpected, but it still hits hard and sadly I'm am not able to be in the UK to attend the funeral today. But I am sending all my love to Aunty Sue, her sister Gill and to the rest of the family.

With Sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - An Open Heart; Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles # 3 & 4, Stitched Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear

I used dies to cut the grey border and the white in-laid panel. I stamped the image in black and added a light touch of colour with Copic markers. I added a tiny touch of sparkle to the berries. I used my MISTI to position and stamp the sentiment. On the inside I used the grey panel that was left over from the front of the card, and layered a die cut white panel on top. I stamped a sentiment and another branch.

With Sympathy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As well as the card above, which I sent to my Aunt. My Mum needed a card, so this is the one I made for her to give to Sue:

With Sympathy 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Butterfly Basics, Bloom with Hope, Timeless Textures, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Soft Sky
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Soft Sky

This is ultra clean and simple one layer card. I stamped the fern in black and again in grey. I added a border stamp and finished by adding some softness with Gorgeous Grunge and Timeless Textures. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale blue card and added a greeting on the white panel.

With Sympathy 2 inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm sending extra love and hugs to Sue and all the family today - it's going to be so very hard for them all. So sorry I can't be there with you.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...