Saturday 3 September 2016

52CCT - Sketch ....

... Morning! I don't want to worry anyone, but there are only 16 Saturdays until Christmas! Today is the start of our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Thowdown - 52CCT35-16. Our host this month is Fabiola and she has a super sketch to inspire you. I've gone for an ultra clean and simple look for my cards - yes, I made three!!!


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Delightful Decorations, Christmas Messages, December Wonder; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: SU - Real Red, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim; SU DP - Real Red; SU Punch - Ornament; Iridescent Embossing Powder


I like the sketch - it can be simple or dressed up, but I decided to let the pretty Christmas ornaments shine! I was inspired to use primary colours by the challenge at Inkspirational - INK#116 and I'm playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#209 where the theme is CAS.

To create the centre ornaments which have some sparkle, I first inked with Versamark and then the colour, stamped the image and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder - I do love this look. For the remaining ornaments I simply stamped the coloured image. I used the matching punch to cut out the ornaments. I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment - it makes stamping multiple images so easy - they are all perfectly lined up! I adhered the two plain ornaments flat to the card and used dimensional gel to attached the sparkly ornament. On the inside I cut mat layers to match the ink used and on the white panel added a greeting and some snowflakes.


I think I might make some more cards based on this design - it's quick, it's easy and it'll mail easily too. Here's a photo of all the cards together:


Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the design team. You've got plenty of time to play along, deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Friday 9th September (7.00pm EDT). That's all for now - see you tomorrow!

signature

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

J'aime ton idée Deborah, tu l'as décliné en 3 couleurs en plus, ta boîte à carte doit être pleine, biz

sandie said...

This is a great sketch and I love your CAS take on this. I always admire how you take the time to ink up the centre of your cards. Thanks for joining Ink x

AlisonC said...

This works really well in the three colour ways. Lovely idea to add shine to the centre one. The sentiment is very pretty.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

These look lovely, Deborah and I do like the different coloured versions Xx

Nandini said...

The inside is as beautiful as the outside! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. All the very best to you. Nandini, DT

cm said...

16 Saturdays until Christmas? Gahhhhhhh! I have maybe 2 Christmas cards made! Better get a move on! Your ornament cards: GORGEOUS! Those images certainly warrant being the stars of the stage! So thrilled you shared your primary colours gems in the Inkspirational gallery!
Hugs~c

Inkyfingers said...

What a wonderful set of festive cards Deborah! I love the way the central bauble casts a great shadow and the inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...