Tuesday 16 June 2015

Arizona Holiday ....

...  Good evening!  I thought I'd share some of the photos from Day 1 of our trip to Arizona.  We flew into Phoenix on Friday 12th June.  When we landed the temperature was already quite high, but we decided to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens - a magical place with so many different cacti!  It was so hot by the time we got there that we limited our time in the gardens.  Here are a few photos:

Phoenix 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

After a really lovely lunch at the Desert Gardens - Gertrude's Restaurant, we headed into downtown Phoenix to find out hotel.  We stay in the Holiday Inn Express, nice and central.  We decided to have a walk around the Heritage Village - a lovely place and I took a few photos.  However, it was about 39C by that time and was far, far too hot to walk around much.  So we took shelter in the nice air conditioned AMC cinema and saw Jurassic World.  I highly recommend this film - great fun.  Here are a couple of the photos from the afternoon walk and one as we headed back to our hotel at the end of the day.

Phoenix 6 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 7 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix 8 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Phoenix is a lovely city.  However, in order to do the place justice, I really think we need to visit in the winter when it won't be quite so hot!!!  If you want to see all the photos click on this link - it'll take you to my Facebook page.  That's all for now - I'll share some more photos later this week.  Bye for now.

signature

2 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooww you share lovely pictures
thanks for Sharing dear Deborah
please chek your mail if you have chance
i sent you two pict for the #14 and #15 you know what I mean hehe (LOL)
please check if you get or not cause sometimes my yahoo not sent to my friends mail addy too :( (SAD)
hugs and happy holiday
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

If you get this comment please chek your email Deborah
I sent you the pict of the card #14 and #15 as you wish before 24 of June
I hope you get it and I feel free cause I dont want that you dont get that mail before your holiday
hugs, Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...