Wednesday 10 June 2015

TMR - Add a Tag ...

.... Good morning all!  Where is this week going?  Time is simply flying by.  Anyway, with it being Wednesday it does mean that it's time for our new challenge at The Male Room.  For the next couple of weeks we have a technique challenge to add a tag to your masculine project.  I've got a Father's Day card to share with you:

Happy Father's Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Woodgrain, Ocean Bound, Man of the Hour
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pool Party, Crushed Curry; Versamark
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Stax #5; WMS - Ocean Bound Anchors
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy, Pool Party, Crushed Curry; Cuttlebug EF - D'Vine Swirls; SU Ribbon - Pool Party; White Embossing Powder


I got the inspiration for this card from the new challenge at Fusion - FUSION#36.  I really like the nautical theme photo and I've used the sketch too.  I started by stamping a wood grain background on the card.  I cut a white fishtail banner which I embossed to resemble waves and then lightly ran an ink pad over the top to bring out the waves.  I die cut a tag in navy, added a little yellow star, die cut an anchor and added a Father's Day sentiment.  I attached the tag with dimensional tape.  I finished the front with another anchor leaning against the tag.  I die cut the anchor and then stamped the imaged on top.  A note about the stamping - I got my new Misti last week and it's just fabulous.  It makes it so much easier to stamp on dies like this and if the image isn't quite perfect you can restamp in exactly the same place - love my Misti!!!  Anyway, back to the card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of aqua card and stamped a simple image on the white panel, leaving lots of room for message.

Happy Father's Day inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Father's Day sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations - don't forget you can make any masculine style project - card, ATC, scrapbook page, even a 3D project - but you MUST use a tag. 

I am very pleased to announce that we have a new member of the Design Team - Chris of Dot Dot Stamping.  Chris was our Guest Designer during May and now becomes a full member of the team.  Do drop by and say Hi and check out what the rest of the team have made too!

That's all for now.  Have fun and see you soon.

signature

10 comments:

Darnell said...

OMGosh, Deborah, you NAILED the Fusion inspiration with this delightful Father's Day card, down to the finest detail! I'm calling Winner!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Jane said...

Superb! I so love that nautical tag with the the anchor die cut, inspired.

Deepti said...

This is fabulous :) Love the light blue wood grain panel!

sue t. said...

A MISTI!!! you lucky girl!!! Love your card, especially the anchor cut out on the tag!

Greta said...

What a wonderful tag, Deborah! I love the little star & the negative die cut!

Rocky said...

Nautical....one of my favourite subjects, love it! The anchor cut in the tag is a great touch too.

Monika Reeck said...

Naitical I love this too..cool Tag Deborah...you always have great idea on TMR..may I ask I sent you mail n Pict for TMR...did you get it..if yes pleasee reply Me Deborah..many thanks and happy sunday

Julia Aston said...

Love your background and the fun splash of yellow! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Deborah! Julia xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous nautical card, Deborah, loving those die cut anchors, and the great background!
Chris

Jeanne J. said...

Lots of things I like about this Deborah! The aqua background, the anchor cut, the swirly cuts and the pop of yellow! Wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...