Saturday 27 June 2015

US - Farewell & Thank You Sandie ....

....  Hello again!  If you want to see my 52CCT post click here.

Today we are saying a sad farewell to Sandie, who is stepping down from the Uniko Design Team.  Sandie is known to many of us in blogland and she will be much missed on this team.  Sandie has helped Bev with a lot of the background admin, so we hope that this will come as a big surprise.   Here's my card:

Thank You Sandie - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms II, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Elegant Eggplant; SU DP - Elegant Eggplant; Cosmic Shimmer Sprays - Candy Pink, Silver, Purple Violet; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder


I've picked the colours on my card to reflect the colours on Sandie's blog - London Days, love those shades of purple!!  I'm entering this card into Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - HLSCASJun where we have to use sprays or mists.

I stamped the Beautiful Blooms outline image in Versafine and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I water coloured the flowers with purple Cosmic shimmer - they really do shimmer in real-life!  Then I cut them all out.  I cut a panel of white card and used several Cosmic shimmer sprays - although I didn't actually spray them, I spattered the colours on the card.  I cut a strip of vellum and stamped the greeting in Versafine, heat embossed with clear powder and then wrapped it round the white panel and adhered the lot to some purple card.  I finished the front by adhered three flowers using dimensional gel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of purple design paper and added a sentiment and flower on the white panel.

Thank You Sandie inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThank You Sandie sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the rest of the team on our Farewell and Thank You Sandie Blog Hop, here are the links:


Deborah - That's me!

Sandie, I hope you've received your card - thanks again. Wishing you all the best and I do hope we get to see you play along with our Uniko Challenge soon.  Hugs

signature

7 comments:

sandie said...

I have this proudly displayed in my lounge-love the colours and the sprays. Thank you so much for your kind words x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Deborah ... and a lovely tribute to Sandie. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Mary Decker said...

Your card is beautiful. The amount of work you put into it shows, I think, how much you will miss her and how much you respect Sandie.

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Deborah ... and just the perfect colours for lovely Sandie! Anita :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful card for Sandie Debs, looks like she loves it and I know why!
Great colour and superb design. Sarah x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the simplicity of this card Deborah! The vellum is a nice touch and the flowers stand out great against the simple background! Hazel xx

Joan B said...

Deborah, this is beautiful! And your pictures of flowers above are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...