Saturday 20 June 2015

52CCT - Theme ....

......  Morning!  It's time for our new challenge at 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown.  This week is our theme challenge and Danielle picked it before she stepped down from the team.  I really love the the theme, so I'm hosting today - what's the theme?  We want your Christmas or winter cards to feature Christmas Elves, and I guess that includes the Chief Elf too!!  Here's my card:

Holiday Cheer - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Cabin Plaid Background, Elf Made, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz, Real Red; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) #5 and #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Real Red; Copic Markers;  Wink of Stella - Clear and Gold; SU Marker - Basic Black


I decided to feature one of Santa's little helpers on my card and I have the perfect set of stamps too.  I stamped the background with a lovely plaid pattern.  I stamped the elf on white card, coloured him with Copic markers and then cut him out.  I ran a black marker around the edge to cover any white card.  I die cut a red panel and white panel for the centre of the card.  I stamped an elf made certificate on the white panel using a number of inks and then adhered it to the card.  I stamped the extra candy canes on white card, coloured them to match the one the elf is holding and then covered them clear Wink of Stella.  I stamped a Christmas greeting using my MISTI (love that machine) and then adhered the elf and candy canes. On the inside I cut a mat layer of red design paper and on the white panel I stamped another elf and a Christmas greeting.

Holiday Cheer inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the blog to check out what the rest of the team have made.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you make featuring Christmas Elves!!

By the time this post goes live, we will be on our way to Las Vagas airport to catch our flight home.  The week has gone really fast.  That's all for now, see you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Deborah
lovely coloring that cute Image and so much lovely sugar here may I have one..
adorable christmas card...
and too cute
Deborah I dont know if you get my mail or not I sent you that two fotos of the card for challange #14 and #15
please reply me if you get or not
cause sometimes my yahoo mail not sent to my friends mail addy too
please please reply me I am confused dear
hugs, Monika

Fabiola said...

Elle est tellement sympa Déborah, quel amour d'elfe, biz

laurie said...

So cute..I love elves...what a fun challenge idea!

Charmaine Stack said...

A smashing elfen effort, Deborah! No one does Christmas better than WMS, and no one gets the mileage out of that inspiration like you! I have not staped a thing for Christmas yet - must get cracking! Hope Vegas was fun!

Tanja said...

love what you did with this charming Waltzingmouse stamp set

Patricia Hays said...

What a cute elf image! Love all the candy canes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...