Saturday 13 June 2015

52CCT - Colours ....

...  Good morning everyone!  It's time for our colour challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  I think you'll enjoy this colour challenge - we want you to use BLACK, WHITE and ONE OTHER COLOUR on your Christmas or winter card.  I picked RED as my extra colour and went for a reasonably clean and simple card:

Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Tis The Season
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Dies: WMS - Stitched Tag; Die-namics - High Rise Alphabet  Uppercase
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Idea-ology - Deco Sheet Gold; Copics; Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; Bakers Twine


It seems that tag challenges are all over Blogland at the moment, we had one last week and this week Merry Monday - MM#162 wants us to use tags too!  Well I had to play along!  I made the base from black card.  I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller and embossed it with a snowflake pattern.  I die cut three black tags and cut out letters on each one to spell the word JOY.  I got to some gold deco paper at a recent show (ultra fine glitter paper) and used a red Copic to make my letters red.  I finished the tags with a white hole and some gold bakers twine.  I used dimensional gel to adhere the tags.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card and stamped a bold sentiment in red.

Joy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJoy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I mentioned that I got a MISTI recently, well I'm so pleased that I used it to stamp the sentiment as the first impression really wasn't great.  But it was so easy to re-ink and stamp the sentiment - perfect on the second impression! Don't forget to visit the blog to check out what the rest of the team have made to inspire you.  You've got until Friday 19th July to play along.

By the time this post goes live, Jonathan, Kathryn and I will be in Arizona on holiday.  We spent Friday in Phoenix and today we'll be travelling towards Flagstaff.  So much to see this week!  That's all for now.

signature

8 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a great design. Love the tag idea. (Have been thinking about buying a MISTI. It sure stamped a fabulous sentiment!)

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your sparkly letters! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Fabiola said...

Wow Déborah, sobriété et efficacité, quel chic, le rouge est vraiment mis en valeur, biz

Notes by Nina said...

Great card, I love the simple layout. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Anonymous said...

I love the bold message with those gorgeous die cut letters - the red looks stunning against the black tags, and all are beautiful set on a fabulous embossed background - your card is a complete joy Deborah - literally! Hugs, Gill xx

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a cool card, Deborah! Love those tags Xx

Tanja said...

love how you customized your glitter paper

Patricia Hays said...

The bold tags look great against the embossed background. The red, black, and white color combo is always a classic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...