Wednesday 14 September 2016

TMR - Theme ...

.... Hello, good morning! I'm here with my card for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#44. We have a theme for you to play along with:

STAR TREK 
(or any other space series)

Why have I picked Star Trek? Well, I absolutely love the programme. I watched it as a kid when we were in Singapore and then again when it finally came to the UK in 1969 and through the early 70s. And this year the franchise celebrated its 50th Anniversary - it was a ground breaking show and inspired many other series. So that's the theme. However, you don't have to base your masculine project on Star Trek - you can pick any of a huge number of space series from TV or the cinema - just tell us which you've picked. Now here's my card:

to boldly go - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heros; Digital Clip Art - from the Internet
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gold Mirri Card; Stampin' Up! - Basic Black; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I found this fabulous Star Trek logo on the Internet and added the words in white. The words come from the opening sequence spoken by William Shatner at the start of each programme (see clip at the end of the post). I printed the image on card, cut it out and layered it on to gold mirri card. I stamped a little rocket ship in the corner of the card, but kept it really simple by not adding any colour. I did, however, add some sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I then added the panel on top. On the inside of the card I cut a mat layer of black card, and on the white panel added the little rocket ship again and this time I coloured it. I finished by adding a sentiment. This one will be on its way to my son Ben shortly!

to boldly go inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspirational projects from the rest of the design team. You've got plenty of time to join in with our challenge - have fun!!



signature

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Ah! memories are certainly stirred when I see anything to do with Star Trek and you have them spot on, a fabulous card.
Faith
x
PS thanks for your lovely comment :)

Jane said...

Awesome! Great theme Deborah, really stretched me.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic cards you made :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...