Friday 30 July 2021

Belated Birthday Wishes ....

.... Hi! Surprise! It's been a while since I just posted a card. I started today's card last year when I made a several cards using MFT's Spotlight Sentiments stamps and different inks. I finished some off at the time, but several were just left with a stamped panel. That's how this one started out, here's the end result:


Stamps: MFT - Spotlight Sentiments; Lawn Fawn - Blue Skies; Avery Elle - Handwritten Notes
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fresh Greens; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Gina K - Key Lime, Christmas Pine, Stormy Sky
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 2; Lawn Fawn - Blue Skies
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Granny Apple Green; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#219 where the toppers option is Travel, I think a hot air balloon trip counts!


I used the smaller layering panels from Master Layouts 2 to cut a mat layer of green card and a white stitched edge panel. I stamped a number of clouds on the white panel in black ink. I adhered the panel to the centre of my ready-made card. I used my MISTI to stamp the larger hot air balloon from Blue Skies onto a piece of white card, removed it and coloured with green Copic markers, returned it to the MISTI and stamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut out the balloon. I added lots of sparkle to the hot air balloon with a clear aqua shimmer brush. I added dimensional pads to the hot air balloon and adhered it, at a slight angle to suggest movement, to the panel. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of green card. On the white panel I stamped the smaller hot air balloon in a bright green ink. I used one of my favourite sets to stamp the greeting. I stamped the main greeting in dark green and added the word 'belated' in dark green.


This card is for my nephew's birthday - and I missed the actual day, so I hope he likes this card. This is the card before adding the panel:


I've used both these cards now!! That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I adore this color combination and your card totally caught my attention this morning at Seize the Birthday! Love the way you titled your repeated sentiment and love the balloon panel too! Such a great birthday card. Thanks for joining us and using the topping too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...