Thursday 1 July 2021

C24C - Add Some Twine ....

.... Good morning!! It's Christmas in July!! It's also time for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#037. For the next two weeks we want you to add some twine to your Christmas cards. Twine can be cotton thread, string, or gold/silver thread - as I've used on my card. Here it is:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Star of Light
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Starlight
Accessories: White Card; Gina K Card - Black Onyx; Gold & Silver Thread from stash; Gem from stash

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#97, where it's always Anything Christmas Goes.

This is a clean and simple card and reasonably quick to make. I started by using the large star die and cutting a star from black card. I used a white pencil to mark down the centre of the star and again across the middle and measured 10 divisions on each side. To create the stitched curves you can follow the instructions found here. It's a technique I learnt in maths class many years ago. I stitched the opposites sides in silver and gold thread. Once finished, I adhered the completed star to another black die cut star. This helps to keep the star firm and hide any threads. Next I stamped a galaxy of gold stars going from one side of the card to the other. I added a few larger stars in the opposite corner and finished the front by stamping a bold Christmas greeting. I adhered the finished star to the top of the card and added a holographic gem. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped an ornate gold star in the background and added a Christmas greeting.


Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the string work! Anesha x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...