Wednesday 30 June 2021

SHC - Floral Birthday ....

... Morning all! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I've got a pretty birthday card to share with you. I made this one for my mother-in-law, it's her birthday tomorrow, but I'm safe to share it here now as she doesn't look at the Internet.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - All the Birthdays, Type Talk
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Sweet Corn, Jelly Bean Green; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - Birthday, Everyday Circles, Type Talk; Gina K - Master Layouts 1
Accessories: White Card; Gina K - Black Onyx Card; C&9 - Everyday Tintables Card Pack; C&9 Summer Glitter Pack; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Fab Friday - FABF#216 - such pretty colours for the challenge.


I was going through my stash last week and found a couple of pack of Tintables Card from Concord & 9th, so I decided to use the rainbow arches sheet for my card. I used pink, yellow and green inks and blended them onto the card to reveal the pattern. I then used a die to cut the panel to size and layered it onto a piece of black card. I adhered both pieces to the front of an A2 (US size card) card. 

I wanted to use some of my older die and stamp sets on this card, so I found this lovely circle die and cut it in white card - I found, to my surprise, that it also cut a think frame for the circle, so I cut it again in black card and used the thin black frame for the card. I added some stitched detail to the bottom of the circle, stamped the word birthday and added a die cut glitter happy word. I stamped the flowers from another C&9 stamp set onto white card, removed them from the MISTI coloured with Copics, restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut out the flowers. I adhered the flowers directly to the ink blended background. Then I added the circle and think black circle frame. I like how this matches the thin frame on the main panel. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white card, I added thin strips of the tinted card to each side and finished by stamping a birthday greeting along with some fun dot decoration.


This card has already been posted to my MIL, and she should get it tomorrow. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is so sweet, Deborah! Love these tiny bright flowers, and that sparkly "happy!" Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...