Wednesday 9 June 2021

SHC - Books Galore ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I was lucky enough to get a super new stamp for my birthday - thanks so much Tara. I had to play with it.


Stamps: Hero Arts - Bookcase Peek a Boo; Concord & 9th - Tiny Tagalong; Mama Elephant - Mixed Wishes Greetings
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Gina K - Soft Stone, Stormy Sky
Dies: MFT - A2 Rectangle Stax Set 1 #11
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Sakura Stardust Pen

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#27 - the stamp is brand new!!!


I started by stamping the large bookcase image onto white card. I removed it from my MISTI and coloured, in rainbow order, with Copic markers. I returned the image to the MISTI, stamped in Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used a die to cut it out, edged it with a black marker and adhered it to the front of an A2 notecard. I stamped this fun message in dark grey ink and used the matching banner stamp in pale grey. I carefully cut out the banner, leaving a white edge around. I used dimensional pads to adhere it to the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a lovely greeting from another new set and added a bit of the bookcase image in the corner. This card can be used for a birthday or just because!


After stamping and mixed media and making cards, reading is my favourite hobby. I have a an old and much loved bookmark that I use in my books. It was made for me in 2012 by Vicky Hayes - I used to get my Stampin' Up! goodies from her. And, when I went to the States she made me the bookmark as a farewell gift. Here's a photo - it's a bit dog eared, but the paper is soft and smooth and it feels wonderful.


As this bookmark is getting a bit old and fragile, I decided to make some new bookmarks using the Bookcase Peek a Boo stamp. I based the design of my bookmarks on the one Vicky made for me. I didn't take my bookmark apart, I worked out how to do it. Here are the bookmarks:


Stamps: Hero Arts - Bookcase Peek a Boo
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Accessories: White, Black, Red, Green, Teal, Orange and Yellow Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Ribbons and Brads from my stash

I'm submitting the bookmarks to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#59 - where it is Anything Goes.


I stamped the image on white card and coloured each row shades of one colour. I stamped and embossed it and then cut it out. I layered the coloured panels on black card. I cut two strips of card measuring 1½" x 6" in each colour. I adhered the coloured image at the bottom of one strip and stamped some words at the top. On the reverse of this strip of card I adhered some super tacky adhesive tape down the centre and around the edges. Next I cut some ribbon and folded it in half and adhered it to the centre strip of adhesive tape. I then added a brad at the top of the strip, making sure that it went through the ribbon. I removed the protective paper from the adhesive, added a thin layer of strong liquid adhesive and than carefully aligned and adhered the second strip of card on the back. I made sure the hold the edges together to ensure they were fully adhered. 

I am very happy how these have turned out. My daughter Kat, who came home from University on Saturday, has taken possession of the teal bookmark, and I've given a couple to mum.

That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Carol Cel said...

The card and book marks are gorgeous. Great job coloring - I am jealous. I have this stamp and haven't used it yet. You've inspired me!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! EVERYTHING is just fabulous Deborah, wonderful colours and designs.
Faith x

Kate said...

Hi Deborah! These are all lovely! I particularly like your bookmarks, though it was your pick at NBUS that brought me over here! I have to thank you for the tip about the embossing. I hate black embossing powder but working with clear means you get that area around the ink where you can't colour. By colouring first and then restamping to emboss you get around this problem! Why didn't I think of that? But then a again I haven't been using a stamping platform that allows you to do this for very long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...