Wednesday 16 June 2021

SHC - Happy Birthday ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've been watching lots of crafting videos recently, particularly Gina K and Jennifer McGuire. This card is inspired by some peek-a-boo door cards that Jennifer made in July last year. I decided to have a go and make a rainbow birthday card:


Stamps: MFT - Musical Notes Background; The Stamping Village - Happy Birthday; 
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Sweet Mango, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Stormy Sky; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark
Dies: Hero Arts - Oval Peekaboo Doors Infinity Dies; MFT - A2 Rectangle Stax Set 1 #11, A2 Rectangle Stax Set 2 #11
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Aqua Shimmer Brush; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#216 - where I've skipped their toppings challenge and just gone for Anything Goes Birthday. I'm also playing along with Fab Friday - FABF#215 - this is based on their sketch.


I used my MISTI to stamp the images on this card. I used the largest of the peekaboo door dies to cut a piece of masking paper and placed that in the centre of my diecut white panel. I positioned it over the musical notes background, stamped the image with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then used rainbow dye inks to create the ink blended background. I removed the masking paper and used the die to cut out the door. I used the oval die to cut another door from white card. I stamped the musical notes on some scrap white paper which I left in the MISTI. I put the rainbow panel back in the MISTI and drew round the inside of the die cut door. After removing the panel, I positioned the white oval (with some temporary adhesive on the back) in the pencilled shape on the scrap paper. I then stamped the musical notes again in soft grey ink. I removed all the stamped pieces from the MISTI. I adhered the white panel behind the rainbow panel and then stamped the Happy Birthday balloon image on the front white door, and the Hip Hip Hooray image on the musical note panel inside the door.


I used Copic markers to colour the image. I also restamped the balloon image on white card, coloured the balloons, fussy cut them out and adhered them to the front of the card with dimensional pads. I adhered the whole of the rainbow panel to a piece of black card slightly bigger and then that to the front of an A2 note card. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped another image from the birthday greeting set and that's it done. I like that when you open the door you get to see a cute message and then another inside the card!!


I've included Jennifer's video to show how she makes these pretty interactive peek-a-boo door cards.


That's all from me today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't this the cutest! Love these fun rainbow papers, and what a fun little door! So clever! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that?!? Love the background, perfect design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Barbara said...

What a fun and creative card. I kive the additional message on the front and I can almost hear the Happy Birthday song in the background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful in every way card Deborah, love it.
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...