Tuesday 15 June 2021

C24C - Trees and Ornaments ....

... Good morning! I hope that you all had a good weekend - it was wonderful here in north Wales with bright sunshine and high temperatures. For me, it was also fun as it was the start of Euro 2020!! I did find time to make my card for our new challenge at Christmas 24 - C24C#36. For the next couple of weeks we want to see your Christmas cards that feature Trees AND Ornaments. Here's my take:


Stamps: Penny Black - Xmas Constellation; MFT - Bitty Holiday Wishes; Uniko - Most Wonderful
Inks: Gina K - Applemint, Key Lime, Lucky Clover, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green, Christmas Pine; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Card - Lucky Clover; Gems from stash

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#407 where the theme is Christmas, and to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#35 where it's always Anything Christmas Goes.



I've been watching a lot of Gina K videos recently and at the beginning of June, Gina did some wonderful ink blending on video and I was inspired have a go. I die cut a panel of white card and masked of a ½" border all the way round the panel and then set to work blending a lot of green inks. Once I was happy with the blending, I removed the masking paper and stamped this lovely abstract Christmas tree in the middle of the panel. I added greeting above and below the image and layered the panel onto black card. I made a notecard from some co-ordinating card and adhered the panel in the centre. I finished the front by adding lots of iridescent gems to the little stars and dots on the stamped image - these are my Christmas ornaments. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped the abstract Christmas tree in lime ink and added a greeting in black ink.


I love the way Gina K inks blend so smoothly and the depth of colour they give. This is such a pretty tree too - I've had it ages, but it's been a while since I inked it up. I took a close-up photo to show the pretty iridescent gems - they really glow in the light:


That's all from me today - do visit our Christmas 24 Challenge blog to see more inspiration from the team. I look forward to visiting your blogs to see your creations. Have fun!!

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a stylish design, Deborah and I love the depth of colour in the background inking. Love your elegant tree with the twinkling gems too.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Izzy Scrap said...

This is gorgeous, Deborah ! I'm totally in love of this whimsical Christmas tree. Looks fabulous over this wonderful ink blending and these sparkling gems. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...