Wednesday 7 July 2021

SHC - Christmas in July - 1 ....

... Morning! Hope you're all keeping well. I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've made three Christmas cards all using one stamp set - Colorado Craft Company's Nordic Ornament. It's a huge image, so you can use it all or just part of it. I'll start with the card I made using all the image:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Nordic Ornament
Inks: Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocture; Kaleidacolor - Pastel
Dies: Spellbinders - Grand Circles (LF-114) #3
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Gansai Tambi Watercolour Paint Set; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#97 where it's always Anything Christmas Goes.

I stamped the image onto watercolour with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used watercolour paints to reveal the image - I love this technique. Once the image had dried, I used a large circle die to cut it out. To make the mat layer of black card, I simply drew round the outside of the circle die I used to cut out the image, and then fussy cut it out. I layered the two pieces together and adhered them to the front of a 5¾" square card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and a white panel slightly smaller. On the white panel, I stamped the main image using a multicolour ink pad. I finished by adding a simple greeting.


My next card features part of the Nordic Ornament:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Nordic Ornament
Inks: Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocture; Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Red Hot
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout Set 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Card - Red Hot; Gold Embossing Powder

I stamped the image in Versamark ink, embossed with gold powder and used a stitch edged die to cut out a section of the ornament. I used three shades of pink and red ink to colour the ornament and finished by stamping a greeting in black ink. I layered the finished panel onto black card and added the whole piece to the front of a side-opening A2 (US size) card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I simply stamped a Christmas greeting in black ink, and added some gold elements that I cut out from the left over ornament.


My last card also features part of the large Nordic Ornament:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Nordic Ornament
Inks: Versamark; Versafine Clair - Nocture; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout Set 1; C&9 - Merry Mantle
Accessories: White & Black Card; Silver Embossing Powder; Shimmery Vellum; Silver Holographic Card

How lucky am I? The new challenge over at The Male Room - TMR#152 is Christmas in July, so I'm submitting this card to the challenge.


This time I used silver embossing powder on black card - I love the contrast here. I selected the central part of the image and used a die to cut it out. I layered this onto silver holographic card from my stash. I also found some shimmery vellum in my stash. I cut a piece 1½" wide and wrapped it around the bottom of the image. I adhered the panel to the front of a side-opening black A2 (US size) note card. To finish the front I die cut the word 'noel' from black card and adhered to the vellum. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of holographic card. On the white panel I stamped the main ornament in silver ink and added a Christmas greeting in black ink.


I'm very pleased to have added three more cards to my Christmas stash. I like getting organised early as it saves on stress in November and December!! I'll be back next week with part 2 of Christmas in July! See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Cindy Groh said...

These are all so pretty and a great way to show different ways to make a stamp get a different look.

AndrejaM said...

Beautifull cards, thanks for playing at The male room challange.

Goga said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge, Goga

Lynda said...

Fabulous collection of cards - loving the water-colour resist technique for our challenge - thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Andreja said...

What a beutiful festive card in a hot July :-))
I am happy that you are with us at The Male Room this time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...