Wednesday 21 July 2021

SHC - Christmas in July 3 ....

... Wow! Summer has finally arrived, it's been baking here in North Wales. And I've been continuing with my theme of Christmas in July for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. I have three more cards to share with you today. Here's the first:


Stamps: Altenew - Majestic Mistletoe, Beautiful Inside, Warm Blessings
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green, Christmas Pine; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 2 #9
Accessories: SU Card - Shaded Spruce; White Card

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#151 where the theme is Christmas in July - check!!


This card started out as a one-layer card. I used my MISTI to stamp the multi-layer mistletoe leaves in shades of green at the corners of the card. One of the leaves has spaces for berries, so I added them with pink inks. I then filled in the gaps with the smaller mistletoe leaf and some berry images in pink. I stamped the greeting in the centre of the card. I then decided to use a stitch edged die to cut out the panel and adhered it to the front of an A2 dark green note card. Inside the card, I used the stitch edge die to cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped a scripty greeting and a verse in black ink. I also added another small mistletoe leaf in green ink.


My next card is cleaner and simpler and has a non-traditional colour theme:



Stamps: Altenew - Majestic Mistletoe, Beautiful Inside, Warm Blessings; Concord & 9th - Mistletoe Messages
Inks: Gina K - Peach Bellini, Tangerine Twist, Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Tranquil Teal
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 2
Accessories: SU Card - Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo; White Card

I'm submitting this card to Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#261 where they have these gorgeous colours, and to Less is More - LIM#447 where their theme is Christmas in July.

I used the MISTI to stamp the multi-layer mistletoe leaf and berries. I used shades of teal and orange for a non-traditional look. I used a stitch edged die to cut out the panel and adhered it to a mat layer of dark teal card. I finished the panel by stamping the word 'noel' in bright orange. I adhered the whole panel in the centre of a side opening A2 light teal card. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of dark teal card and on the white panel I stamped another mistletoe leaf, along with a scripty greeting and a verse in black ink.





My last card features a big bunch of mistletoe leaves:


Stamps: Altenew - Majestic Mistletoe, Beautiful Inside, Warm Blessings; Concord & 9th - Mistletoe Messages
Inks: Gina K - Dusty Rose, Red Velvet, Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 2 #9; C&9 Mistletoe Messages
Accessories: SU Card - Pool Party, Island Indigo; White Card; Vellum; C&9 - Summer Glitter Pack Lime Green; Red Glitter Card

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#07 - where the theme is Anything Goes.


I started by making a top folding A2 white note card. I stamped a selection of mistletoe leaves, berry branches and small poinsettia over the front to make my own background. I then used a stitch edged die to cut out a piece of vellum which I adhered over the front of the card. I used the large mistletoe leaf die to cut three pieces - dark teal, light aqua and lime green glitter card. I adhered these pieces to the front of the car. I finished the front by adding a red glitter bow and a greeting which I adhered with dimensional pads. Inside the card, I cut a piece of dark teal card for the mat layer and on the white panel I stamped a leaf and scripty greeting.


That's another three cards ready for Christmas. I'm really enjoying making these cards.

When this post goes live, we will be at the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park. My mum loves flower shows and, as we're now back in the UK and things are opening up, we thought it would be a great day out. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Deborah, your cards are just Gorgeous. Beautiful details and stamping.
Hope you enjoyed your day at Tatton Park. Boiling here too in South Wales also.
Faith x

Heather said...

Oh wow, Deborah - love your take on our colors - who knew how perfect for Christmas they are?? A gorgeous simple stem, so much depth! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Kathyk said...

WOWser! A great selection of modern, stylish "holiday" cards

Kathyk

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

These are all stunning hun, love the none traditional colours you have used

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
hugs Shell xx

Billie A said...

Wonderful cards. Great colors and design. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz.

Lynne said...

Fabulous selection of cards Deborah and some scrumptious colours you've used. Lovely to see you here at Less is More, thank you for sharing.

Annette Elliott said...

What a fun variety of Christmas cards! That's why I love creating with stamps- the possibilities are endless. A fun leaf with enough detail to make it really pop. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a beautiful set of acrds!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...