Thursday 15 July 2021

C24C - Sweet Treats ....

..... Good morning! I'm here with my card for our new challenge at Christmas 24 - C24C#038 where we want to see Christmas cards with the theme of Sweet Treats. I love peppermint candy canes that you can get at Christmas, so I made a jar of them for my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Half Baked Gingerbread Joy, 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Soft Stone
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 2; WMS - Jar Fillers
Accessories: SU Card - Real Red; White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Acetate; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge - HLSAGD#07. I used dies to cut out the candy canes and to create the layers.


I've used some old favourite stamps on this card - sadly Waltzingmouse Stamps closed a while ago, but I love Claire's designs and they often come out for Christmas cards. I used red card to make the A2 (US size) side opening note card. I used Gina K's Master Layout 2 die set to cut the black mat layer and the white panel with the stitched edge. I stamped the jar directly on the white panel, and added a greeting. I stamped the jar again on some embossable clear acetate. I fussy cut the jar on the acetate panel and left a tab either side of the jar. On white card I stamped the candy canes, coloured them with Copic markers, and die cut them with the matching die. I adhered the canes with dimensional pads. I used a scalpel to cut down the side of the jar on the white panel. I slipped the tab into the cut and adhered the tab to the back of the panel. I adhered the whole panel to the front of the card. I like to make a clear jar to put over the contents - it's a fun look! On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added some more candy canes, a Christmas greeting and Mrs Claus's shop sign.


I took a photo of the jar to show the dimension with the clear acetate jar over the top of the candy canes.


That's all from me today. Do visit our blog - Christmas 24 Challenge - to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great card Deborah, love the acetate and candy canes.
Faith x

Buffy said...

Sweet card Debs, Christmas needs candy canes ;-)
Hugs Buf xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...