Wednesday 14 July 2021

SHC - Christmas in July - 2 ...

... Morning! Continuing my Christmas in July theme for my Seven Hills Craft blog post, I have three cards to share with you this morning.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Merry Mantle, All the Merrys, Mistletoe Messages
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Innocent Pink; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Merry Mantle
Accessories: SU Card - Real Red; White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Pearls

I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#60 where it's Anything Goes.

I started by making the A2 notecard from red card. The card measures 4¼" x 5½" and is a standard American size. I used my MISTI to stamp the various images on white card. I removed the images from the MISTI, coloured them with Copic markers, returned them to the MISTI and restamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I love this technique as the images are clean and crisp, and have shiny outlines. I adhered the pieces to the front of the card - I kept them flat to make it easy to post the card. I finished the front by adding a bold greeting in black and some tiny dark grey pearls to hold the stockings on the mantle! Inside the card, I simply cut a white piece of card slightly smaller than the notecard and stamped a wreath in dark pink and added a greeting.


My next card focuses on the large image in Merry Mantle - the hanging Christmas stockings:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Merry Mantle, All the Merrys, Mistletoe Messages
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Ocean Mist; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Merry Mantle; Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: SU Card - Bermuda Bay; White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - HLSXMAS#07 where it's Anything Goes (I've skipped the option of jingle bells).


I used dark teal card to make the A2 side-opening notecard. I used the same technique as outlined above to stamp the Christmas stockings. I coloured them to match the notecard. I used a stitch edge die to cut out the panel and layered it onto a black panel of card. I adhered the whole lot to the front of the card. I added a mantle shelf above the stockings with dimensional pads. I finished the front with a simple Christmas greeting. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card, to echo the front of the card. On the white panel, I stamped a two-tone greeting and added a tiny bunch of blue and green berries.


My last card today, focuses on the Christmas wreath:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Merry Mantle
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Versamark
Dies: C&9 - Merry Mantle; Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: SU Card - Shaded Spruce, Certainly Celery; White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Glitter Drops - Ruby Slippers

I'm submitting this card to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#36 where it's always Anything Christmas goes.

I used dark green card for the note card here. I used Versamark ink to randomly stamp the little berry branch all over the front of the card. I die cut a small panel of light green card onto which I stamped a Christmas message. Using the technique outlined above, I stamped, coloured and die cut the Christmas wreath. I added a simple string bow and some red glitter drops for the berries. Once dry, I used dimensional pads to adhere the wreath to the front of the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of light green card. On the white panel, I stamped the Christmas stocking at the top and coloured them to match the card. I finished by adding a Christmas greeting.


I had fun making these cards and could have made a lot more! So, just doing my Christmas in July theme, I have another six cards, so far, to add to my Christmas card stash. Do join in with me and share your creations on Seven Hills Craft Facebook page - we'd love to see what you make.

That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER cards Deborah, love the hanging stockings, great idea adding the mantlepiece! The wreath is lovely especially with the string bow. Wonderful inserts on all too.
Faith x

JulieP said...

I love the colors and the shadowing you did for the stockings! Beautifully done. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...