Wednesday 28 July 2021

SHC - Christmas in July 4 ....

... Morning!! I'm here with my last Christmas in July post for Seven Hills Craft blog. I have used Lawn Fawn products on my cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter, Simply Winter Sentiments, Snowy Backdrops
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Soft Stone; Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter; Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; Copic Markers; Silver & Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush



I used a stitch edged die to cut out a white piece of card onto which I stamped the snowy backdrop in Versmark ink. I heat embossed the image with silver powder and then blended shades of soft aqua and grey to create the sky. I used the same die to cut a panel of dark aqua card which I adhered to the bottom of the white card. I stamped a clean, crisp greeting in white ink and heat embossed with white powder. I stamped the snowguys on white card, coloured them with Copic markers, returned them to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut them out. I adhered them to the white panel, added that to a black mat layer and added the whole lot to the front of a top folding A2 white note card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped another greeting and some Christmas trees.


My next card features a Christmas evening scene:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter, Simply Winter Sentiments, Snowy Backdrops
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Soft Stone; Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter; Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; Copic Markers; Silver & Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Card Challenge - H&ICC#99 where is Anything Christmas goes.


I used the same technique as outline above to create the background for this card and to cut the houses and trees. Before blending the sky, I added a little mask for the moon, and finished the front by adding glitter to the roof tops and to the trees. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped the snowy background across the centre of the card in soft aqua ink and added a greeting in black.


My final card if ultra clean and simple:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter, Snowy Backdrops
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Memento - Summer Sky
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Winter
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Poppy Parade; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Sakura - Stardust Pens

I'm submitting this card to Perfectly CAS - PCAS#17 where they want to see Embossing.


I used the method outline above to stamp, colour and die cut the Christmas ornaments. I adhered them to the card front with dimensional pads. I finished the front by stamping a clean, crisp greeting in black ink and added the strings for the ornaments. Inside the card, I cut a red mat layer and on the white panel stamped the snowy backdrop in soft blue ink and a greeting in black ink.


That's all from me today - thank you so much for stopping by. I enjoyed making all these Christmas cards - I have 12 ready for my stash. That will make things so much less stressful in November and December. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! What fabulous creations! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PERFECTLY CAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

foleysfriend said...

Great Christmas cards! The row of Christmas ornaments is just darling. Of course, here at Perfectly CAS, we love all that white space. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...