Wednesday 4 August 2021

SHC - Shimmer and Shine ....

.... Morning! I can't quite believe that it's already August - the year is flying by. However, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft Blog post. Not a Christmas card in sight today, instead I've made a set of three cards all using products from Concord & 9th. Here's the first:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Stripes & Sayings, Everyday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Passionate Pink; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Confetti Card Die, Butterfly Perfect Pairing
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; C&9 - Tintables Card Fronts; Silver Holographic Card; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Sparkle

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#23 where the colours are yellow and pink, and to Inkspirational - INK#244 where they want to see Dots/Spots.


I started by blending yellow and pink inks over the dotty tintable card front. I love the way the pattern is revealed as the colour is blended! I spritzed the panel with a shimmer spray and once it was dry I used a fancy edge die to cut the panel to fit on the front of an A2 (US size card) notecard. I stamped a simple greeting in bold black in the bottom corner of the card. I finished the front by adding a flutter of butterflies. I die cut a silver layer and two white layers. I adhered them together to give strength and stability to the die cut, and then I glued them to the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of bright pink card. On the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting in bright pink and added a tiny sun stamp in yellow. I also added a silver holographic butterfly - some of the waste from the die cut!!


Next, I used word tintable card front:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Everyday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Key Lime, Lucky Clover
Dies: C&9 - Confetti Card Die
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Granny Apple Green; C&9 - Tintables Card Fronts; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Frost

I'm submitting this to the current Never-Before-Used-Sctuff - NBUS#29 - first time I've used the Confetti die, despite having it for a while!!

I used acid lemon, lime green and grass green for this tintable cover sheet. In real-life the words are clearly visible, but not so much in the photo. I think perhaps, I'll use darker colours next time. As before, I used the Confetti die to cut out the panel, after first adding shimmer with a frost spray. I adhered the panel directly to an A2 notecard. Inside, I cut a mat layer of bright green card. On the white panel, I simply adding a bold greeting in green. Lots of space left for my own message.


My final card is a simple hello card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Shine On
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Blue Denim, In the Navy, Slate
Dies: C&9 - Confetti Card Die; Everyday Sayings
Accessories: White & Black Card; C&9 - Tintables Card Fronts; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Frost; Copic Marker

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#276 where they want us to use Shades of Blue - done!!

This time I used blue and grey inks to blend over the chevron tintable card front. I spritzed on some frosty shimmer and, once dry, I used the Confetti die to cut the panel to size. I adhered it to the front of an A2 card. I used a large 'hello' die to cut a black shadow and three white hellos. I layered the white words together, glued them to the black shadow and then adhered the lot to the front of the card. Inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I edged it with a dark grey Copic marker and stamped a message and some stars. There's plenty of space for my message. I think this one will go to our son, Ben.


That's all from me today. I'm taking Mum and Kat into Chester later this morning for a bit of retail therapy. And then, in the afternoon, I'll be watching the Olympics - just love all the sports. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

10 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant set of cards. I love the blue with the bold sentiment. Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Pamela said...

I enjoyed your blue shades hello card very much - the layering of the black cardstock really make the sentiment pop. Thank you for playing with us at C4G

Karen said...

Your pink and yellow ink blending over the dots is wonderful! It's the perfect background for the beautiful die cut butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

R's Rue said...

These are beautiful cards. I love them both. Thank you for sharing your talent.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

dj said...

You have been a busy bee!! What great cards you have created!! Thanks for playing along with our "shades of blue" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! I love the bold sentiment backed by your shades of blue!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are great cards! I love the pink and yellow one! The butterflies are so pretty in their silver holographic shine! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

Haven't the Olympics been amazing? Such a nice way to get away from it all and celebrate athleticism. Your triplet inspiration for different occasions are grand, Deborah! I love all three designs and the insides of your cards, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Julie B said...

Three fab cards Deborah, the bold hello of the third one really stands out against the background. Hope your trip to Chester isn't a washout, it's started raining here again :(.
Thanks for linking up to our gallery at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Marlena M. said...

Stunning creations! Thank you for linking your beautiful butterfly card with us at INk~

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...