Wednesday 18 August 2021

SHC - Succulent Bouquet Four Ways .....

.... Morning! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft Blog post. I've gone a bit mad and made four cards today, all featuring the wonderful Succulent Bouquet image from Hero Arts. First up is a birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Just a Number; Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet; MFT - Itty Bitty Birthday 
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum
Dies: Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet
Accessories: White Card; MFT Design Paper - Rainbow Plaid

I'm submitting this card to Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#263 where they have some wonderful colours for us to use. I think I've used them all in this paper!


This is a really quick and easy card to make. I used a US A6 size card (4½" x 6¼") for the note card and covered most of the front with a sheet of rainbow plaid paper. I love the pattern and the ways the colours blend. As there's so much colour in the background, I kept the focal image very simple. I stamped it with bold black ink. I used the matching die to cut out the stamped image and two more blank white die cuts. I layered them together to give the flowers dimension and stability. I adhered them to the front of the card. I finished the front by stamping a birthday greeting - I used two stamps - the tiny message is from Itty Bitty Birthday and the bold birthday is from Just a Number. Inside the card, I used another of the pages of design paper for a mat layer. On the white panel I stamped the succulent image with a rainbow ink pad. I finished by stamping a birthday greeting - a quote from John Lennon which I think is just lovely.


Next is a wedding card:


Stamps: Altenew - Build a Flower Magnolia; Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet; MFT - Itty Bitty Birthday 
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Soft Stone, Lovely Lavender
Dies: Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet
Accessories: White Card; SU! Design Paper - Whisper White; Zig Clean Colour Pens; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card; Silver Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Water Colour Challenge - HLSWC#08 where it's Anything Goes, and to The Flower Challenge - TFC#59 where they want us to use a die (and the option is a slimline card). 


It's another US A6 card - it's a good size to showcase the succulent bouquet image. I covered the card with some old Stampin' Up! whisper white design paper. I stamped the image on water colour card with Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver powder. I spritzed the image with water and then used my Zig water colour pens to add colour. I love the way the colours blend and move with water. Once dry, I used the matching die to cut out the image and one blank white die cut. I layered them together and adhered them at the bottom of the card. I finished the front by stamping a greeting in Versamark and embossing with silver powder. Inside, the card I used the design paper for the mat layer. On the white panel I stamped the succulent image off the edge with a lavender/pink ink, and added a message for the happy couple. This card is going into my stash.


I have another birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Just a Number; Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet; MFT - Itty Bitty Birthday 
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#08, and to The Male Room - TMR#153 where the challenge is Our 8th Birthday. The Male Room has a very special place in my heart as I used to run the challenge and I just love making masculine style cards.


This is a top folding US A2 note card. I cut three strips of black card of varying thickness and adhered them directly to the card front. I stamped the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, returned it to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used the matching succulent die to cut out the image. I adhered the image flat to the card. I finished the front by adding a simple birthday greeting. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I added one of the greeting from Altenew's Just a Number stamp set. There are some great messages in the set. I also stamped the tiny snail from the Succulent Bouquet stamp set. This card has been sent to my nephew - it was his 40th birthday last Monday. And it just feels wrong that he's 40 already!!!


My final card today is a quick, clean, simple, one-layer card:


Stamps: Hero Arts - Succulent Bouquet
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum
Accessories: White Card

I'm submitting this to Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - HLSCAS#08 where they want us to go Off the Edge.


This is a US A2 card. I used my MISTI to stamp the image. I put the note card into the MISTI and positioned the image off the edge of the card. I used a multi-coloured ink pad to stamp the flowers in the opposite corners of the card. In the space I stamped a scripty 'hello' sentiment in black ink. Inside the card I kept it very simple. I stamped the flowers again, just off the edge, and added the tiny snail.


Wow! That turned out to be a very long post. Thanks so much for sticking with me to the end. I think you'll agree that this is a wonderfully versatile stamp. Actually, coloured with red and green, it would make a super Christmas card too :)

Bye for now - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Heather said...

Such gorgeous papers - great for our color challenge! Love those succulent images, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Love the contrast of the b&w stamped image against the rainbow patterned paper, such a great look! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous selection of cards! Love them all! Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge:)

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Julie B said...

One stamp and so many different designs, well done. The multicoloured OLC works really well for our Off the edge challenge. Thanks for sharing at HLS CAS. :)

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room blog challange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...