Tuesday 16 March 2021

Happy Birthday Boy ....

... Morning! This is a very quick post to share a birthday card that I've made for my nephew - it's late! It should have reached him yesterday, but I forgot - bad aunty!! Here's the card:


Stamps: MFT - Spotlight Sentiments; My Mind's Eye - Boy Crazy; Avery Elle - Handwritten Notes
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Spectrum; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#209 - I'm skipping the topping of shades of green, and just celebrating a birthday.


I made the base card last year when I made a selection of spotlight sentiment birthday cards for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. I made some that simply had the sentiment stamped across the front. Today I pulled out the rainbow greeting as I think it's perfect for a 9 year old. I stamped the robot on white card, coloured him with Copic markers, restamped in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I then fussy cut him out and glued him to the front of the card. I used a clear shimmer brush to add some sparkle to the robot - and you can see this in the photo!! I added a few of the embellishments from the stamp set. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card. I stamped a fun greeting in black and added the 'belated' part in pink. I also stamped part of the robot off to the side in the Spectrum ink.


I think this is a fun card and while it's going to be late, I do hope that my nephew likes it. That's all from me today. I'm off to get a cup of coffee and then make a start on my Zoom Welsh class - almost at the end of the entry level course and loving it. Apologies for the photos - I've got a new lightbox to take photos and I'm learning the settings!

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure he will forgive you when receiving this fabulous fun and colourful card Deborah.
Faith x

Barbara said...

I have been in this same position when forgetting to send a card. Especially in early January. I am glad that you got it off anyway. He will too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday challenge. Hope to see you again.
Barbara DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...