Wednesday 31 March 2021

SHC - Holographic Birthday cards ....

... Morning! Wow, it's the last day of March - this month has flown by!! I've been having fun in my craft room making a couple of very shiny birthday cards. Today is my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Craft store. I've made two cards using some of Concord & 9th's fabulous birthday stamp and die sets. Here's the first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Let's Party Turnabout, Yay for Birthdays
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Concord & 9th - Perfect Pairings
Accessories: White & Black Card; Holographic Card

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#194 where the cue word is Birthday.


This card is about as easy as it gets. I used black card to make the side folding notecard. I die cut the birthday words from rainbow holographic card and adhered them flat to the note card. I didn't add anything else as I want the shimmer and shine to be the star of the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of silver mirri card. On the white panel, I stamped a birthday greeting in black and added some silver confetti using one of the smaller stamps from Yay for Birthdays.


My next card uses the balloon die from Perfect Pairings - again, I've kept things very simple:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Let's Party Turnabout, Yay for Birthdays
Inks: Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Versamark; Gina K - Stormy Sky
Dies: Concord & 9th - Perfect Pairings
Accessories: White & Black Card; Holographic Card

I am delighted that the full holographic effect has been captured in my photos - a bit surprised too!! The balloon die gives the outline of balloons along with five solid balloons. I adhered the die cut to the side of the card and stamped the greeting in Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver powder. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of the same holographic card and on the white card I stamped a bold 'Yay' using the two-step stamp from Yay for Birthdays. 


I am so pleased how these cards turned out. I love the way the holographic card shimmers in the light, so even though both cards are clean and simple, they sparkle!!! And how! That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Deborah, as a saying around here goes, "What a bobby dazzler" of a card. Both of them are Super ideas and cards.
Faith x

Joy Dsouza said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining the Addicted to CAS Challenge.
- Joy Dsouza

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...