Monday 8 March 2021

Happy Birthday ....

.... Good afternoon. I've made a birthday card today:


Stamps: Unity Stamps - Tess Girl; Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Bombay Sunset; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I'm submitting it to AAABirthday - AAA#23 where they want us to use patterned paper, and also to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#24. I have a huge stash of patterned paper and don't often use it, so thanks to the AAAB team for making me get some out! My NBUS is this lovely image from Unity Stamps and the verse inside.


I found this lovely paper in my stash cut it to fit the front of the card, edged it with a dark pink marker and glued it to the card. I stamped the girl on white card, coloured her with Copic markers, reinked with black Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I then fussy cut her out, edged her with a black marker and glued her to the front of the card. I finished by adding a simply birthday greeting. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card onto which I glued a strip of the same design paper to one side. I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner of the card. It is such an encouraging sentiment - perfect for a young woman setting out on her journey in life.


Today is International Women's Day and the theme they have is Choose to Challenge. I think the sentiment goes well with the theme. I'm also submitting this to Women.Beyoutifully.you where there theme is empowerment. I think she's very confident in herself and the sentiment works perfectly.


And that's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Deborah, this is a marvellous card, love the image, the paper and the wonderful quote inside. Love it.
Faith x

Jane said...

Gorgeous paper Deborah and I love that image, so contemporary and smart! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully colored!

Liz Williams said...

I love those Angie girls! Great color choices on this card.

Sathya said...

Wonderful message with a Lovely Image. Thanks much for joining our Hop. Good Luck!

Sanjuscreations said...

A gorgeous combo of paper and that gal! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday! I hope to see you again next month.

Tina said...

Gorgeous paper and lovely image! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join again! Tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...