Monday 15 March 2021

C24C - Sketch Challenge ....

.... Good morning! It's time for our new challenge at Christmas 24 - C24C#30 - we have a fun sketch challenge for you - you can flip the sketch, so long as we can see the basic sketch layout in your card. Here's my take on the sketch:


Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Let It Snow, Merry Kissmass, Mixed Christmas Sentiments
Inks: Memento - Angel Pink, Summer Sky, New Sprout; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: MFT - Mini Scallop Stitched Squares Stax #2, Squares Stax Set 2 #3
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Mistletoe; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge - HLSXMAS#03 where it's Anything Goes (I've skipped the option of angels), and to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#32 - where it's Anything Goes.




I used a fancy edge die to cut the mat layers from Christmas design paper, and use a plain square die to cut pieces of white card which are 1½" square. I then stamped the holly and berries twice and the green berries once. I coloured them with Copic markers, returned the images to the MISTI and stamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Next I used some snowflake images to stamp a subtle and pastel background. I finished by stamping a bold greeting in black. The two holly panels have been adhered flat to the card, and I used dimensional pads for the berry piece. You can see it from the photo, but I did add sparkle to the berries with a clear aqua shimmer brush. Inside the card, I used another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white card I stamped a greeting and added some more Christmas foliage which I coloured with copic markers.


You have until the end of the month to join in with our challenge. Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the design team.

Before I go I hope all the mums out there had a super day yesterday - I had a lovely time. Cards and flowers from my children, flowers to my mum and mother-in-law, and a lovely cream tea for our special meal. It was fab! See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a pretty card Deborah, love teh images and the design, a beautiful insert too.
Faith x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great use of patterned paper and a very pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing HLS Christmas Challenge:)

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card! I love the extra stamping on the inside, too. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Vicky Hayes said...

How pretty those festive sprigs are Deborah and they look fabulous framed with that designer paper. The inside is gorgeous too - would make a lovely CAS card in its own right! Glad you had a lovely mothers day :) Vicky x

Fabiola said...

oh toutes les jolies couleurs de noël sont là Deborah...biz

Helen said...

Love the background you've created - very pretty and delicate.

Thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...