Wednesday 10 March 2021

SHC - Painted Roses ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Crafts. I've been watching Jennifer McGuire's video on her Gel Lift Technique. It was fab and I immediately had a go. My first attempt wasn't great. In fact I completely forgot to blend one of the ink layers all the way down the gel and ended up with a line across the images. I've put the photos at the end of this post. My first card was made using the waste card from cleaning off the brayer.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Rose; Lawn Fawn - Celebration Scripty Sayings; Hero Arts - Mod Pattern Background
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Powder Blue, Blue Raspberry; Memento - Summer Skies, Danube Blue; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#13 where the colours are Yellow and Blue.


I stamped the large rose onto the yellow card, embossed it with clear powder and fussy cut it out. I did the same for the leaves. Next, I took a US A6 card and masked off the edges with ½" tape and stamped the background in soft blue ink. I removed the tape and adhered the complete rose. I finished the front by adding a scripty sentiment in dark blue and lots of shimmer to the rose with a clear aqua shimmer brush. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the base. I stamped the rose in pale yellow in the centre and finished by adding a sentiment in blue. I edged the panel with a blue marker and glued it in the card.


I was having such fun with this stamp set that I decide to decorate the envelope too.



This card is for my mother-in-law, and I'm perfectly safe sharing it here, as she doesn't do the Internet!!

My next card uses the soft negative image that I messed up, but I think I saved it okay.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Rose, Beautiful Words;  Hero Arts - Mod Pattern Background
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Powder Blue, Jelly Bean Green
Dies: MFT - Zig-Zag Stitched Ovals Stax #5 
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Gel Press

I'm submitting this card to the new Fusion challenge - FUSION#0521 - I've used the sketched and mostly the greens.


I used an fancy-edged oval die to cut out the rose. I positioned the just above the line the made in the image - it worked. I stamped a pale yellow background over the A2 card and added the oval towards the top of the card. I had a strip of the green card left and used that for the sentiment. I stamped the words in green ink and finished the sentiment inside the card. I stamped a pale yellow rose inside too.


Before I go, here are the two pages that I did first trying out Jennifer's technique. I would have been thrilled with them - but that line! So pleased that I was able to save the soft image. Still thinking about what I can do with the bold positive image.


That's it from me today - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the rose, the blue and yellow are such pretty colours and the design is lovely Deborah. A lovely insert and love the envelope too. A great rescue, so pretty.
Faith x
PS Thanks for the greetings x

Laurie Unger said...

This is lovely. Thanks so much for playing over at Fusion Card Challenge.

Nancy said...

Love what you have done with that beautiful rose Deborah. I love when accidents work out and turn into beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with just at Color Hues. Take care!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...