Wednesday 24 March 2021

SHC - Christmas Foliage

.... Morning. I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft post. I've got a Christmas card to share today. It's reasonably clean and simple and focuses on Christmas flowers and leaves:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Winter Wishes Snowflake, Big & Bold Frosty's Hat
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Versafine Clair - Nocture
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I used the sketch from Christmas 24 Challenge for the layout of this card. I'm submitting this card to Jingle Belles - JB:21:06 where the theme is Christmas Foliage; so pleased to finally join in with this challenge.


This is a reasonably big card – 4½” x 6¼”. I started by stamping the background with the big snowflake from Colorado Craft Company’s Big & Bold Winter Wishes Snowflake. I stamped it in a soft shimmery silver ink, once towards the top of the card and again just off to the left. Next, I stamped the holly leaves and berries, and the poinsettia flower from Big & Bold Frosty’s Hat. I coloured the images with Copic markers, replaced them in my stamp positioner, stamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully fussy cut out all the images. I edged the images with a black marker, adhered them to the card and then added a greeting from Big & Bold Winter Wishes Snowflake.  Inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the base. I stamped the snowflake in silver in the centre of the panel and added a fun sentiment from Big & Bold Frosty’s Hat. I edged the panel with a soft blue marker and glued it into the card.


Edited to add: I'm also submitting this card to the Holly & The Ivy Challenge - H&ICC#90 where it's Anything Goes.

That's all from me today - only one card, but a pretty one. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

such a pretty and vibrant poinsettia, i love the way it (& the beautiful holly) are the stars of your CAS card! so pleased you could join our foliage fun at JINGLE BELLES!

SmilynStef said...

love the vibrant traditional Christmas colors ... thrilled that you shared your festive foliage with us at Jingle Belles.

Buffy said...

Lovely card Debs
Hugs Buf xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...