Wednesday 3 March 2021

SHC - Easter Bunnies ....

.... Morning! We've had a super weekend here in Northop Hall - it was sunny with bright blue skies, and warm over the weekend. A bit cooler since then. Mum has been in the garden putting in plants and I've been playing in my craft room - we've both been in our happy place!! Anyway, I'm here with my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Crafts. I've been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and this first card is way out there:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Easter Before 'n' Afters, Celebration Scripty Sentiments, Blue Skies
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China; Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Easter Before 'n' Afters; Concord & 9th - Confetti Card Dies
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Lawn Fawn Stencil - Grassy Hillsides; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#24 - all new to me!!


I started with a top folding A2 white card and created the background using the grassy hillside stencils. I used several shades of green for the grass and two shades of blue for the sky. I then stamped various images on white card, coloured them with Copics, restamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I stamped the greeting in on of the large white clouds. I used matching dies to cut out the bunnies, basket and eggs, I fussy cut the clouds. Next, I adhered two of the clouds to the right hand side of the card and used the large scalloped edged rectangle die from Confetti cards to cut out my card. I then adhered the elements to the front of the card. I used dimensional pads for the Easter basket and the red egg. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card and stamped a greeting and added a few more of the Easter elements.


My next card is more my usual style - tending towards clean and simple:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Easter Before 'n' Afters, Celebration Scripty Sentiments, Simply Celebrate Spring
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Simply Celebrate Spring
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Fusion - FUSION#0421 where I've taken the rainbow dress as my inspiration.


I stamped the row of eggs on white card, coloured them with Copic markers, restamped with black Versafine, heat embossed with clear powder and cut them out with the matching die. I worked out where I wanted the coloured eggs to be on the card and then stamped lots of eggs in soft grey ink all over the front. I used dimensional pads to add the coloured eggs. I added lots of sparkle to the eggs with a clear aquashimmer brush. I finished the front by adding a bold scripty Easter greeting. On the inside I've kept things really simple with no message, but I did add a cute bunny.


I had a few bunnies left over from my first card, so I made a final Easter card - this one is very clean and simple:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Easter Before 'n' Afters, Celebration Scripty Sentiments, Simply Celebrate
Inks: Gina K - Sweet Mango; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versmark
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Easter Before 'n' Afters
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear and White Embossing Powder; Gina K Card - Sweet Mango; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I cut a strip of black card an inch wide and stamped the scripty Easter greeting in Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder. I layered this piece on peach card and adhered the panel to the front of a top folding A2 card. I finished the front with the cute bunny holding the peach Easter egg - I've added sparkle, but you can't see it in the photo above. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of peach card and on the white card I stamped a greeting and added the Easter basket.


I had lots of fun making the first card - it is very much out of my comfort zone, but I did a few like that this weekend. I might not do it again for a while. That's all from me for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Darnell said...

Your Easter cards are all so adorable, Deborah! Way to go stepping out of your CAS comfort zone with your first card. The scene is fantastic and leaves me wanting to hop into it so I can paint Easter eggs with the bunnies! All the work was worth it. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! I hope you continue to have sunny days so you and your Mum can keep playing in your happy spaces. Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...