Wednesday 3 May 2017

Uniko - Doodle Flower and Horizontal Stripe ...

.... Hello! So pleased that you stopped by. We have seen sneak peeks of the four new stamps sets from Uniko and today I'm here to do an introduction to the two new additions to the Background Blocks series - Doodle Flower and Horizontal Stripe. There really are endless possibilities with these sets. I do have to state that sadly I haven't received the actual stamps from the UK, so Bev very kindly let me have the digital images. Having the digi images is great but it does mean that there are some techniques I can't do - but I can still be quite creative!!

I'll start off with a simple and pretty birthday card to introduce Background Block Doodle Flowers:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Doodle Flowers (Digi), Fontiments Birthday, All Occasion Sentiments #3, Uniko Style
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


I set the image size to 7 x 9.5 cm (the same as Background Blocks Halftone) and made it dark pink. I printed it on white card and then added more colour using Copic markers and a clear sparkle brush. I layered the finished image on to a mat of green card. I attached it off to the side and added a simple birthday greeting at the foot of the card. On the inside I cut another mat of green card and on the white panel added a message and simple flower. I used the colours from this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#405 as they're so pretty!

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next up is an ultra simple sympathy card to introduce Background Blocks Horizontal Stripe:

With Sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Horizontal Stripe (Digi), Natures Treasures II, Simply Said
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; White Embossing Powder; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


Once again I sized the image to about 7 x 9.5 cm and printed at the best setting on to white card. Using my MISTI I positioned the sentiment and stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder - I was very careful to make sure that I removed any random specks of powder before heating. I attached the panel flat to the card. I stamped the leaves in Versamark on black card, heat embossed with clear powder and carefully cut out the leaves with a scalpel. I added a touch of sparkle to the centre of the leaves and then adhered them to the panel. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added a message and some tiny leaves. I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#10 where the theme is Anything Goes.

With Sympathy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWith Sympathy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

So you've seen the sneak peeks, and my introduction to these sets. Do visit Uniko to check out more introductions from the rest of the team. Do leave comments as you visit - there's always the chance of a random prize!! Before I go, here's a quick reminder of the release schedule:

Introductions: 3rd - 5th May - the team have some wonderful inspirations projects to share with you.

RELEASE DAY! - Saturday 6th May, 9.00am BST - more inspiration projects from the Design Team, your chance to purchase the stamps from the Uniko Store and, as usual, a Design Team Blog Hop and Giveaway!

signature

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

2 very different cards to inspire us! I love the sweet coloured blooms - sweet and cheerful. Your sympathy card is very elegant and serene - I do like the subtle heat embossing for that extra element of interest x

Jane said...

Colour and monochrome - both fabulous!

Carole said...

Brilliant showcase of digital creation! Two very contrasting cards.

Rahmat said...

Oh Deborah I hope you get the stamps soon, but you have created 2 lovely cards here.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Beautiful cards :)

cm said...

Beautiful cards, both designed to lift spirits and warm hearts. Wonderful showcases of the new flowers and stripes (which is certainly marvelously versatile!).
Hugs~carol

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking and fabulous designs Debs. You've done brilliant with digis and combining them with your stamps. x

McStamper said...

Love your cards. The new stamps are so versatile.

Beverley said...

Awesome showcase Deborah and again working wonders with the digital images. I love the soft colour pallete of your doodle flower card and WOW what a stunning combination for the sympathy card. Thank you so much for your inspiration. Hugs Bev x

Birgit said...

What a sweet, sweet card! A great use of this week's colors! I'm so glad you linked up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Izzy Scrap said...

This is splendid Deborah ! And a beautiful work with the digital stamps ! Your sympathy card is wonderful! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

Anonymous said...

This is so festive! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Debbie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS cards.
Faith
x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Both are wonderful CAS cards! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...