Tuesday 2 May 2017

Birthday Flowers - CAS Colours & Sketches - Guest Designer ...

.... Hello again! I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the CAS Colours & Sketches team as Guest Designer for the month of May. It was such a surprise to get an email from Patricia asking me to join them and it's been so hard to keep it quiet! Thank you ladies - you've made my month!!

The challenge this week is colours - CASC&S#221 - green, pink and pale aqua. I've made a simple birthday card, featuring my favourite spring flowers, to share with you:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Love is Kindess, Water Colour Wishes; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Melon Mambo
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Pool Party; Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder


I've based the layout of this card on the sketch from the current Fusion Challenge - FUSION#72. I cut a piece of pale blue design paper to cover the card and then a panel of white card smaller and offset. I stamped the greeting using my MISTI and embossed it with clear powder. Then, using the MISTI I carefully positioned the bunch of tulips to rest on the greeting. I coloured the image with Copic markers and added just a touch of sparkle to the tulip flowers. On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and on the white panel added a greeting, some more tulips and a few pink hearts.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm also submitting this card to the new challenge at Seize the Birthday where the theme is Anything Goes.

Thanks again to the CASC&S DT for inviting me to be part of the group this month - so thrilled. Have a fun day!

signature

6 comments:

samantha's cards said...

Deborah, so happy you are our guest stamper this challenge. Lovely card, perfect use of the colors. Hugs

TaeEun said...

What a pretty CAS birthday card! Tulips are my favorite spring flowers too :)! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Beverley said...

Lovely to have you Guest Designing with us at CC&S, well deserved. What a stunning debut card, beautifully CAS and a lovely Spring fresh image wonderfully coloured. Hugs Bev x

Patricia Hays said...

The tulips look super in our challenge colors! I'm so glad you're our May guest designer at CC&S! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL
Faith
x

karen h said...

So happy you're our guest this month! This card is fabulously CAS; wonderful job with the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...