Thursday 4 May 2017

Uniko - Happy Succulents ...

.... Hi! Did you see those wonderful projects from the rest of the team using the Background Blocks - I am so looking forward to getting the actual stamps - I want to emboss!!!! Anyway, I'm here today to introduce another new set from Uniko - Happy Succulents. This set has a similar style to Originally Organic and Originally Organic Additions - which is great and they work so well together - as you will see! I had such fun with these stamps that I ended up making 5 cards for today!! Yes, five!!

I'm going to start off with a pretty note card for my stash:

Just a Note - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents (Digi), All Occasion Sentiments #1, Originally Organic Additions
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate
Dies: Lil Inkers - Diamond Lace Coverplate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pink Pirouette; Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


I'm not exactly sure how big the main image is in this set (and I think I've made it a bit smaller) so I guessed and printed the image on white card. I coloured it with Copic markers, added some sparkle and then fussy cut it out. I wanted to keep the focus on the lovely image, but still add some interest to the card base, so I used a coverplate to die cut an overall pattern on the card. I adhered some pink card to the inside and then attached the coloured image with dimensional gel. I finished the front with a bold sentiment cut into a flag banner and attached it with dimensional tape. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pink card and added some flowers to the white panel. I'm submitting this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where they want to see a hint of pink! Done!!

Just a Note inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJust a Note sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

One of the things I like about digital images is the ability to change the size and to flip them as necessary. In this stamp set there is a lovely solid succulent image which appears black when you import it on the computer. I use Word for my documents and there's an area under the design tab where you can change the colour theme for your documents, and the good thing about this is that you can then change the colour of the imported image really easily. I set up an arrangement of the succulents, sized them, flipped them and changed the colour a number of times, and created a set of cards:


Here's a more detailed look at each card. I'm starting with the most clean and simple of the set - the green one:

Beautiful - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents (Digi), All Occasion Sentiments #6, Originally Organic
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Ovals #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Emerald Envy; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Brick Stencil (free with magazine)


I used a stitch edge die to cut out the image and then stamped a bold sentiment on the panel. I used a brick stencil to create a softly stencilled background and then adhered the panel. On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark green card and on the white panel added an image from Originally Organic. I'm submitting this card to Paper Players - PP#342 where they have a Tic-Tac-Toe grid and I used the centre line going down - green, die cut, leaf/leaves.

Beautiful inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next is the smallest card of the set. I switched up the colour of the image and used co-ordinating washi tape to decorate the card base:

Grow with Love - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents (Digi), Originally Organic, Originally Organic Additions
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Peekaboo Peach
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Circles #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Peekaboo Peach; Washi Tapes; Enamal Dots

I attached the die cut panel with dimensional tape and added some large enamel dots to the front. On the inside I cut a mat of peach card and added a few flowers to the white panel. Lots of space for my message.

Grow with Love inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGrow with Love sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next is another very quick and easy card:

Friendship - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents (Digi), Originally Organic
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Sweet Sugarplum
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Circles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Be-YOU-tiful

I changed up the colours again and this time cut out the image with a larger circle and added the sentiment at the top. I found some lovely design paper in my stash that works really well with the image and covered the card with it. I used dimensional tape to attach the die cut panel and on the inside I cut another piece of design paper for the mat and added a white panel on which I stamped a flower.

Friendship inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFriendship sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The final card in the set is square. Again, it's relatively quick and easy to make:

Friends are flowers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents (Digi), Originally Organic, Originally Organic Additions
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Squares #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Print Poetry; SU Vellum - Botanical Gardens


So this time I opted for a blue colour scheme and cut out the image with a square die. I found some pretty design paper in my stash and cut a panel of blue patterned paper for one side of the card. On the other side I added some patterned vellum - which you can just about see. I attached the finished die cut panel directly to the card. On the inside I used another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white panel stamped a tiny flower. I'm submitting this card to Time Out Challenges - TOC#82 where they want to see Flowers (with the option of the Kiss technique).

Friendship inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had such fun with this set. Do visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team. Finally, a quick reminder of the release schedule:

Introductions: 3rd - 5th May

RELEASE DAY! Saturday 6th May, 9.00am BST. The stamps will be available to purchase from the Uniko Shop and there will be our usual DESIGN TEAM BLOG HOP AND GIVEAWAY!!

See you tomorrow for our final introduction! Bye for now.

signature

16 comments:

Beverley said...

Even though the physical stamps have yet to reach you :( you have worked wonders with the digital images and your skills and cards you have created are amazing and inspiring. LOVING the sparkle of the first pink and black card :) Thank you so much. Hugs Bev x

Sarn said...

What a wonderful array of gorgeous projects. They showcase the new stamps perfectly. xxx

Rahmat said...

Oh wow Deborah you were busy, loving everything I see, I think you size is close to the original one.

Lindsey said...

What a fab set of cards! Love the different colourways & excellent masking! X

Jane said...

Gone to town Deborah. Such a wonderful showcase of this beautiful stamp set, especially loving the blue version.

cm said...

WOW! You've created an array of sensational succulent cards, Deborah! The first one especially catches my eye...but upon a second look, actually, so does the blue...and the blue/pink/purple...and the peach...*grin*
Hugs~carol

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your cards are terrific, Deborah! I love the pink one! Original and unique!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Debs I'm simply amazed at how many beautiful images and designs you've created using the digi images. Totally inspiring and cheey fun colours on each one. You must be an absolute whizz on the computer. Great showcase! x

Izzy Scrap said...

What a wonderful array of cards Deborah ! For sure you know how to create wonders with digi stamps ! I specially love the green card with the shaded tones ! Beautiful ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

Carole said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! These really are stunning and you have showcased those stamps to perfection...love them!

Jytte said...

Wauw... what a lot of stunning cards.
Such lovely creations 😍

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, Deborah! What a gorgeous collection of cards! I'm super impressed with what you did with the succulents digi. I've been wanting to learn how to use digi stamps for a while. I could learn a lot from you! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness, what a WOnderful set of cards, so colourful with Great designs. (I agree about the digis)
Faith
x

Gerrina said...

Wow you really where on a rol here! Great combinations of colours and stamps! Love the blue flowers! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful assortment of cards. Love them all, especially the pink beauty you entered at Time Out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Joyce said...

Oops--realized that you entered the blue card at TO--love that one too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...