Sunday 21 May 2017

Having a whale of a time ....

.... Hi! It's been so wet here this weekend that I've been "forced" to spend lots of time in my craft room. I made a suitably watery card for a couple of challenges:

Swimming - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampendous - Stylized Whale; Hero Arts - Color Layering Goldfish
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade; Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Glossy Accents


I've used the colours from Just Us Girls - JUGS#394 and I'm also submitting this to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#242 where they want us to make our mark. I started by stamping the whale on some scrap white card and colouring with Copic markers. I carefully cut it out, added a touch of sparkle with a Spectrum Noir brush and added some glossy accents to the eye. I stamped some seaweed in black and grey along the bottom of some white card. I stamped the whale diretly on the white panel and went to adhered the whale, but I decided to give it some dimension. Instead of using dimensional tape, I stamped the image on navy, turquoise and lime green card - twice on each colour, cut them out, glued them together and finished by adding the coloured image on top. The result is a colour whale with lots of depth. I finished the front by stamping the sentiment and then attached the panel to the front of a 5" x 7" white card blank. On the inside I layered a white panel with just the front of the whale on to turqoise and white card.

Swimming inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSwimming sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a couple of photos to show the sparkle that you get with the Spectrum Noir brushes and also to show the colourful layers in the whale:

Swimming layers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Swimming sparkle - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I got this lovely whale from my local craft shop - Stampeddler Plus Memories - a wonderful shop full of gorgeous goodies!! That's all for today. As it's still a really dull, grey day here, I'm going to play in my craft room some more. See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A great take on the colour inspiration.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A WHALEY GRREAT card, love it.
Faith
x

Judy Woodland said...

I love this!!! I'm so partial to the Zentangle look, and you have colored your image perfectly. I also love that everything is neutral except the whale, well done!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun whale using our colors! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Tanja said...

just love the color combo - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More - hugs, Tanja

Creative world said...

Adorable image,great coloring and love your card design...fab bright colors too...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DTxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...