Saturday 20 May 2017

CCT - Colours ....

.... Good afternoon all! I have to apologise to my team mates as I'm very late with my post for our new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT10. We have a colour challenge for the next couple of weeks - YELLOW, KRAFT AND GOLD - not traditional colours, but that's the whole idea of a challenge. I've made a sparkling ornament for my card:

Deck those halls - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Vintage Ornaments, Nutcracker Sweet
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake
Dies: Elizabeth Craft - Beaded Oval Frames #2; Spellbinders - 2011 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-334) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Zig Clean Color - Bright Yellow, Yellow, Lemon Yellow; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Copics; Gems; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; White Embossing Powder; Gold Mirri Card


I decided to have a bright, sparkly ornament as the focal point of my card. I made the card base from kraft card, cut a panel of white slightly smaller and adhered that on top. I stamped the ornament in Versamark on some scrap water colour card and heat embossed with white powder. I coloured it with three shades of yellow from my Zig Clean Colour set with the lightest in the centre and the darkest on the edge, and blended them together with a clear Spectrum Noir sparkle brush. I stamped the words in the centre and cut it out with a matching die. I die cut a beaded oval frame from some brushed gold mirri card which I adhered flat to the card. To finish the front I added some gems and snowflakes. On the inside white panel I stamped a simple greeting and added some more snowflakes.

Deck those halls inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#242 where they want us to make our mark, and also to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - SSWC where they want to see a bit of sparkle. Sadly you can't see the sparkle really well in these photos - but I assure you it shimmers so much in the sunlight!!

Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to join in with the challenge - deadline is midnight (BST) Friday 2nd June, 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!!

signature

8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the yellow and shine, Deborah! I also love that touch of gold in this festive Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “A Bit of Sparkle” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A GREAT card Deborah, love the yellow, amongst all the colors of Christmas this will really shine, love it.
Faith
x

Lucinda said...

A gorgeously bright and cheery card Deborah. I really like your little snowflakes in the background- so stylish. As always I have insert envy - you always manage to match them so perfectly!

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a gorgeous ornament Deborah and a wonderful use of the challenge colours! Xx

AlisonC said...

Bright and brilliant. It's really unusual but gorgeous.

Fabiola said...

oh Deborah, quelle chic! elle est superbe cette carte, biz

Susan Renshaw said...

This card is really lovely!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

EK Gorman said...

I absolutely love how you played with the challenge colors. This card is stunning!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...