Friday 19 May 2017

Uniko - Theme ....

... Hello and good morning! I'm a bit late with my post for our new challenge at Uniko - UC#41. This month challenge is to create a

MASCULINE CARD with the optional twist of FATHER'S DAY

I did have this card ready yesterday, but I've been having some 'puter issues, hopefully now resolved. Anyway, I decided to go with the option of a Father's Day card:

Father's Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Round in Circles, Nautical Treasures
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Smoky Slate
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy; Silver and Gold Embossing Powders


I got the idea for this from an advert on TV the other day - it was black with gold and silver dots, and it reminded me of these stamps. I used my MISTI to stamp the diagonal lines - it makes it so much easier to get even stamping. I embossed the stamped images with a mixture of silver and gold embossing powders, cut the panel to size and adhered it to a white card. I added some distressed circles in the corner using first and second generation stamping. I cut a strip of white card onto which I stamped the greeting and adhered it to the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of navy card and on the white panel added some more circles, this time pale grey, a greeting ad a compass. I'm submitting this card to the current Fusion - FUSION#73 challenge where I've been inspired by the navy patterns idea - although I used circles.

Father's Day inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFather's Day sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team. And, as if that's not enough encouragement, we have prizes too:

PRIZES

  • Main Winner chosen by the DT - £25 eGift Certificate
  • Random Twist Winner - £4 in stock clear stamp set of winner's choice
  • Random Uniko Stamps Winner - £4 in stock clear stamp set of winner's choice
  • Top 3 chosen by the DT - 150 Loyalty Reward Points

You've got plenty of time to join in with this month's challenge. The deadline for submission is midnight (BST) on Friday 23rd June, that's 7.00pm EDT in the States.

That's all from me today - I've got a busy day lined up. I need to get into my craft room and make a few DT cards and today I really need to work on my ironing pile!!! See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow impressive symmetrical lining up of your stamped lines!! Great guy card. I love the little touch of stamping inside your card xx

Beverley said...

This is FABulous Deborah, a wonderful embossing mix of gold and silver. Loving the angled stamping too. Awesome inspiration as always. Hugs Bev x

Jane said...

Great stamping and I echo Lindsey by admiring your neat lining up of the stamped lines. Super card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE the design and the background, a Fabulous masculine card.
Faith
x

Jeanne J. said...

I love all that yummy embossing on this card Deborah! I love that the cover is different patterns, but the circles bring it all together. The inking on the inside is wonderful too - so smart to stamp with different colors of ink

Michelle Lupton said...

Love the gold and silver embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...