Tuesday 9 May 2017

CASC&S - Lush Succulents ....

.... Morning! We've finally got some sunshine in Northville, now all we need is a little more warmth!! Anyway, enough of that. I'm Guest Designer at CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#222 this month, and this week we have a really fun sketch for your cards. Here's my take:

Sending Happy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Happy Succulents, Originally Organic Additions, Background Blocks Horizontal Stripe
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Perfect Plum; Distress Oxide - Cracked Pistachio; Distress - Pine Needles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Perfect Plum; Transparent Embossing Powder Kaleidoscope; Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear




I saw the new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#406 with the lovely image of cupcakes topped with icing succulents, so I knew what I was doing for my card. I got out the new Happy Succulents set from Uniko and started playing. I created the background panel by cutting a strip of white card to size, masking off a section and then stamped the horizontal stripes in Versamark and heat embossed them with sparkling embossing powder. Next I sponged on some Distress Oxide to the side and added a few water droplets to add texture. I adhered the panel flat to the card. I used the large succulent bouquet and stamped it in plum and dark green, and then carefully cut out sections. I added a touch of colour and sparkle to the green leaves with a clear Spectrum Noir Brush. I adhered the leaves to the card and then added the plum coloured succulents on top. I coloured the last succulent with Copic markers, cut it out and adhered it with dimensional gel. Before attaching all the succulents, I stamped the sentiment in black. On the inside I cut a mat layer of plum card and on the white panel stamped another succulent and a greeting.

Sending Happy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSending Happy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit CAS Colours & Sketches - to see more inspiration projects using this sketch. That's all from me for today. Have a great day!

signature

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful card, love the delicate colours and the design. A BEAUTIFUL Friend card.
Faith
x

Beverley said...

I LOVE this Deborah! The colours and layout of the succulents on the sketch are perfect. It's great having you as GD at CC&S this month and thanks for the showcase of Uniko too :) Hugs Bev x

Cathy P said...

I love the color combination with this stamp set! It makes me want to rush out an buy it (which is always my marker for a well-made card!!) Love your take on the sketch, too. Glad to have you on the team this month, Deborah!! Hugs, Cathy

karen h said...

Wonderful card, Deborah! Love the colors!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Fiona Whitten said...

Love those succulents on the outside and inside of the card. Thanks for sharing both this week. x

EK Gorman said...

I always love when I see a friendly face here at CIC. I just love your CAS card, and I really love how you played with this week's color challenge. That card is simply stunning!!! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

Emily E said...

I love succulents so your card really stood out for me. The colours you have used work so well together and I love all the subtle detail in the background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...