Tuesday 1 December 2015

AC - Naughty or Nice - 12 DOC ....

..... Hello and welcome to the 12 Days of Creepmas.  What's that, I can hear some of you ask?  Well, Creepmas is a friendly push back at the retail companies in America and the UK who decide that it's okay to put out Christmas decorations, presents, etc before Halloween has even finished!!!  So this is for those of us (and the number is increasing) who really enjoy our Halloween and quite like to play with Christmas too!  The 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop is run by Smeared Ink and there's a list of everyone playing along at the bottom of this post.  Do drop by and say Hi!

I have the great honour of being the first of Rick St Dennis's EDT to host our post at Airless Chambers.  I've made a very non-traditional Christmas card:

Naughty or Nice - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Creepmas Costume; Dylusions - Christmas Words; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk, Crazy Things
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Sm Deckled Mega Rectangles (S5-014) #4, Sm Mega Rectangles (S4-144) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gold Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold


I absolutely love this guy - I think he's very confused as to whether it's Halloween or Christmas.  I used the colours from this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#338.  I found a new challenge yesterday, The Challenge - TC#53 - I don't know how I missed it, but I did.  This week the team would like a non-traditional Christmas Card - yep!!!

I printed the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, added some sparkle - gold and clear - to the Christmas ornaments, his crown and to the frills on his costume.  I layered the finished image on some gold mirri card and attached it to the card.  I found a sentiment that works with the image - he's not sure whether he's naughty or nice!!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of gold card and on the white panel added a pumpkin and Santa hat along with a message.

Naughty or nice inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNaughty or nice sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Rick has a fabulous selection of Creepmas images at both his Zibbet and Esty shops, and if you like this guy, you'll find him at Rick's Esty shop.  And now - here's the full list of all those participating in this year's 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop:


Fiona
Black Dragon
Susan R
Rebecca
Jessica
Suzi
Airless Chambers
Deborah
Susan S
Val
Sarah
Kat
Leigh
Lady Brayton
Sue

That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh!! That is too funny Deb!! I'm so glad you explained the Holiday situation with that image, but it did make me LOL!! :) The image is colored in perfectly with those cupcake colors too!! Love it!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Love the inside as well.

valscraftings said...

Love the CAS card, he's a character, love the colouring!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

You did such a fabulous job with this little guy! Thanks for the smile and enjoyment.

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Such a wonderful CAS card. Great image too Love it :) xx

Sandy said...

LOL that is so cute! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

and what a treat it is to get another eyeful of this adorable lil guy...I'm really loving him and your quirky senti!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the colours you have used - fab non-trad Holiday card!
Thank you for sharing!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

Naki said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I love it! What a fun concept! Halloween is my favorite holiday, wish it was more than once a year, so this is so awesome! The image you used is so fun and funky, I love it!!! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

'Non-traditional'? I'll say, lol! How funny! And how well done- love the cas design, the use of the non-traditional colors and the use of your sentiment. Fantastic job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!! I LOVE this! Even funnier after seeing the inside. Brilliant! xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...