Thursday 24 December 2015

Baby Boy Congrats ....

....  Morning!  It's Christmas Eve and we've been travelling all night to be with family.  As this post goes live, we should just about be arriving in Plymouth, Devon and no doubt we are all absolutely shattered, but excited too.

I made this card for Alyx's family as they had a new member arrive earlier this month - a baby brother for the three girls.  Kat asked me to make something special and here it is:

Congratulations - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Sweet Baby; Waltzingmouse - Little Darling Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red, Bashful Blue; SU DP - Bashful Blue; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Cuttlebug EF - Swiss Dots; Clear Embossing Powder


 I used a few challenges in this card:

I have almost used up my supply of Bashful Blue card and design paper, but it is just the perfect colour to use for a baby boy card.  I stamped the little onsie on design paper, heat embossed with clear powder and carefully cut out it out.  I stamped the tiny bear on some white card, heat embossed with clear powder and coloured it with Copic markers.  I like the bold red bear.  I cut a panel of white card which I embossed with tiny dots and layered it on to some red card.  I finished the front with a simple, but heartfelt sentiment, on a blue strip of card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale blue card and on the white panel added a greeting.  I also added a larger version of the red teddy.

Congratulations inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCongratulations sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It was lovely to take this card and a few welcome gifts over to the family before we left the States for Christmas.  It's going to be especially fun for them with the new baby.  That's all for now - take care.


signature

6 comments:

Kim M said...

A really sweet card! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet baby card! Love the pop of the red! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Sandy said...

Adorable baby boy card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
Happy New Year! - Sandy, DT Sweetie

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet little card! I love that onesie and cute teddy bear! The pop of red looks great! Hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Naki said...

Awwwwww, how sweet! The challenge colors worked perfectly with this sweet card! I love the silver on the onesie :-D You even made the inside so cute and special! I hope you enjoyed your time with your family:-) Thanks for joining us over at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...