Friday 17 September 2010

Today's the day ....

... and Kathryn is 9 years old.  The time has simply flown by.  Kathryn woke up this morning and said that she'd wait until her Daddy came home before opening her presents and cards.  But her face when she saw the little pile was a picture.  She immediately changed her mind and we spent a very happy half hour opening all the bits.  And now I can show you the card I made for her.  Kathryn was delighted and couldn't stop smiling.

This card was so far out of my comfort zone that I wasn't at all sure it was going to work.  But I think it does.  It's the first time I've tried using a brayer.  It wasn't entirely successful, but for a first attempt I'm quite pleased. 

Most of the stamps used came from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  The solid circular stamp in the Teeny-trees set was perfect for the moon.  The stars and gothic arch window came from the Midnight Feast set and the owl from Halloween Party set.  Kathryn's name is also from Waltzing Mouse, but the Happy Birthday greeting is from a Dawn Bibby set.  The garden trellis was made from a Martha Stewart punch. 

Kathryn is a big Dr Who fan and desparately wants to be the Doctor's companion, so I really wanted to do something to celebrate this fact.  I decided to incorporate the Tardis and put a picture of Kathryn in to show that she's the new companion!! 

The whole picture was mounted on some brilliant blue holographic card - to show only a very thin border and then mounted onto a silver A5 card. 

And that's all for now, as I've got to get ready for Scouts - meeting starts in about an hour.  Will be back soon.  Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun Birthday card! Love those WM Gothic windows & that owl!

GinaA said...

Hi Deborah,
I'm one of the girls that is in Glenda's online class.
Lovely birthday card.
Great to see your new blog, I have added my name as a follower but for some reason I can't upload my picture!
Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Best wishes
GinaA
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...