Wednesday 22 September 2010

The best laid plans ...

don't always work out the way you want them to.  I got all my ironing done this morning - yea!!  But I've got another pile waiting now as I also manged to get all the washing done.  I managed to fix my vacuum cleaner and do a quick run round the house. 

So the plan for the afternoon was to make a card for Susan's OLW challenge.  However, while in the playground waiting for my daughter, one my friends came up and asked me if I could do a couple of cards for her - for tomorrow!!  So I've been busy working on them this evening.  I've almost finished them and will post pictures tomorrow.

And I think our Indian Summer has come to an end.  It was lovely this morning; really very warm and sunny for the time of year.  But the clouds arrived just as I was going to collect Kathryn from school.  And sure enough, it's been raining non-stop since about 5.00 pm.  And the weather forecast for the weekend isn't promising.


For my Mother-in-law

So instead of showing my attempt at a CAS style card for the challenge, I'll show you the cards I made for my Mum and Mother-in-law for Mother's Day. 

Last year's calender had some really pretty pictures on it, so I decided to do a bit of recycling and saved them for future use. 
For my Mum
As the pictures were quite large I needed a big card - so these are 10" x 7".  In both cases I kept the cards very simple - I just added the picture, used the wonderful medallion stamp from Stampin Up and added the greeting - also from Stampin Up.  You can find a Stampin Up demonstrator by visiting their website.

For my mum-in-law I opted for a landscape version and used some lovely brilliance inks in shades of pink, peach and yellow.  And for Mum's card I used the brilliance inks in shades of pink, purple and lilac.

They were both delighted with their cards - and I'm rather pleased with them too.

Finally, I've been checking my stats - that's the geek in me coming out to play!!  I'm pleased to say Hello and Welcome to readers in Finland and Ireland, as well as those of you from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Germany.  I love being able to see where everyone is.  I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog.  I'm having a great time writing it.  And that's all for now, I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...