Tuesday 21 September 2010

It's finished ....

... I've done it - Kathryn's little scrapbook is finished.  I based it very much on the layout that I did for Ben's book - there are a few changes, but that's to be expected.  I opted for background card in pink and lilac - suitably girly!  I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out.  Both these little books will go with me when I have to be away from the family - yes, I know I'm soft.  It was so hard deciding which pictures to include in the scrapbook - we've over 4,000 images of her.  It's mad!!  If we still had to print out our photos I'm sure we wouldn't have that many, but it does mean that I've plenty to choose from. 

I used lots of images from Waltzing Mouse Stamps to decorate Kathryn's scrapbook, they are: Celtic Hertiage, Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy, Victorian Frippery, Sewing Box - Hugs, Faux Fun,  Off Beat Backgrounds, Free Spirit - Boy, Pic-Nic Patterns, Halloween Party and Say it with Style.  I have rather a lot of Claire's stamps ;)

If you want to see all the scrapbook - check out Flickr, but I'll show a few of my (current) favourites.


Kathryn - as a toddler
Kathryn - Benidorm last year

Kathryn - hippy chick!!

I have to say that I'm really enjoying writing a blog.  It has really helped me to focus on Kathryn's scrapbook - which I started at the same time as Ben's!!  I find that I'm looking at the various challenges out there and having taken the leap this weeek with WMSC15, I think I'll have a go at a few more. Susan Raihalla sets a "One Layer Wednesday" challenge on her blog Simplicity - I think I may have to check that out tomorrow.  I struggle to keep things clean and simple, so it will really test my ability to meet her challenge. 

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has left me a comment - I read them all and appreciate you taking the time to give me some feedback.  Anyway, it's getting late, so I'll say bye for now.  See you again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on finishing your book Deborah! All of these pages are gorgeous as is your lil' Kathryn :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...